Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

First Service Completed - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in BMW
imageFirst Service Completed - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

It took the better part of a day, but our 2014 BMW i3's first service was completed at no cost, thanks to BMW's 4-year/50,000-mile maintenance program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I still wish complementary cars were the norm at dealerships. Give me a crappy car, I don't care, just something that I can drive to work and drive back when its ready. You shouldn't have to buy co-workers or pay $20 each way for an Uber just to get a regular service.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

I still wish complementary cars were the norm at dealerships. Give me a crappy car, I don't care, just something that I can drive to work and drive back when its ready. You shouldn't have to buy co-workers or pay $20 each way for an Uber just to get a regular service.

I take pride in the fact that the two dealerships I've worked at (in sales) have offered complimentary loaner cars with no questions asked. I don't imagine it costs the dealership a whole lot and the Used Car department gets a fresh batch of late-model, low-mileage dealer-maintained vehicles when they cycle out of loaner service. It's like a win-win-win.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

I take my old 1999 Acura TL to an independent shop for service, and they provide loaner cars for free -- older Hondas, like a 90s-era Civic.
  • Options
    dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148

I've been to many dealers that provide loaner cars, but I've never been to a dealership *ever* that didn't have a shuttle service or at least give you a ride.
  • Options
    markedwardsmarkedwards Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2015
    BMW issued a TSB and software update for the i3 and i8 in November. Did the long-term car get it? For what it's worth, my dealer provided a loaner when I went in for the March software update. Maybe that's because they're covered by TSBs so not considered routine.
  • Options
    samcap64samcap64 Member Posts: 1
    BMW Provides loaners at ALL dealerships, however they are by appointment. Without calling and making an appointment, there will not always be a loner available.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i get a bmw loaner with my $79 bmw value line oil service at our dealer. as long as you schedule ahead.