Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda CR-V Bound for Dealerships With New Special Edition Model | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Honda
2016 Honda CR-V Bound for Dealerships With New Special Edition Model | Edmunds.com

The best-selling 2016 Honda CR-V crossover SUV is bound for Honda dealerships this fall with a new Special Edition or SE model priced at $25,275.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    contheoncontheon Member Posts: 16
    And is the 2015 Vibration issue all over the Edmunds customer reviews and news finally solved??? Edmunds should at least be reading it's own customer reviews, and taking a lead in determining if this problem still exits. Honda finally acknowledged it in a July 2015 video... but has been silent since. What's the real story ?
  • Options
    natschampnatschamp Member Posts: 22
    Yes ! Did they rectify the problem ? A 2016 in my sites for the wife, but not unless they come up with a fix.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Mileage on the 2016 AWD models has taken a hit, but for what reason, I don't know.
  • Options
    purple43purple43 Member Posts: 10
    Honda has released not just one but two YouTube videos (April and August 2015) acknowledging a vibrations issue in three different modes for afflicted 2015 models. Why is Edmunds not exploring the vibrations issue and its relevance to the 2016 CR-Vs?
    The 2016 mileage hit may reflect engineering changes to deal with the vibrations. Yet there is no real fix yet for 2015 owners! Have they been left stranded? How effectively have vibrations been engineered out of the 2016s? Do your homework, Edmunds!
  • Options
    fardbarklefardbarkle Member Posts: 1
    Definitely curious about the change in the EPA MPG numbers and the vibration issue.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=37024&id=35787
  • Options
    rockman10rockman10 Member Posts: 2
    We are currently looking to replace our 2004 CRV with a 2016 but are now holding off until more can be found out about this problem we just learned about. It's a shame because we were ready to buy. If this is still going on with the 2016 we might have to rethink the Honda and go with Mazda or Subaru. Does anyone know if in fact the 2016 has the vibration issues?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's supposedly a fix out as of November 4th, at least. The fix was rolled in for the last of the 2015 models so the 2016s will have the changes. See this post by @rhody401 linking to an official Honda video statement.
  • Options
    rockman10rockman10 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Stever!
  • Options
    cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    @rockman10 I just picked up a 2016 this past Monday. With a little over 200 miles on it, I have yet to notice a vibration. I was concerned about the vibration issue as well, but was negotiating both years as the 2015s are cheaper. Ultimately I got the 2016 for ~$800 more than the 2015 was going to cost me. I would have been happy with a vibration free 2015, but it was worth $800 to me not to have to worry about it.
  • Options
    tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20
    cboothe70 said:

@rockman10 I just picked up a 2016 this past Monday. With a little over 200 miles on it, I have yet to notice a vibration. I was concerned about the vibration issue as well, but was negotiating both years as the 2015s are cheaper. Ultimately I got the 2016 for ~$800 more than the 2015 was going to cost me. I would have been happy with a vibration free 2015, but it was worth $800 to me not to have to worry about it.

How is the highway noise level in your 2016 CRV. I have a 2012 CRV and like the car, but it is really noisy out on the highway. I'm interested in a 2016 CRV if they have improved the soundproofing.
  • Options
    cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    @tfm70 - I have a 2012 as well. I've only had the 2016 on the highway once so far. I don't believe it is any quieter. I'll pay better attention next time I'm on the highway and update.
  • Options
    steerpike_steerpike_ Member Posts: 8
    I'd like the Touring for some features but am concerned that 18" wheels will make for a bumpier ride. Anyone compared the Touring and non-Touring versions?

Also - I happen to love the seat-mounted 'armrest' in the 2013 CRV ... it's at a perfect height for me. I'm guessing the console-based armrest in the 2016 is going to be lower down and less useful for me.

Finally - the seat in the 2013 CR-V EX-L is very comfortable; I hope they haven't modified that for 2016?

If I can get a quieter, smoother ride from a 2016 I may jump.

I'm guessing the NAV is just as pathetic in the 2016 as it is in the 2013? I've had Honda/Acura NAVs since 2006 and they are pitifully, shamelessly bad. I think this time around I will finally abandon getting the NAV and just mount my phone or dedicate a tablet to the cause.
  • Options
    tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20
    Steerpike, if you get the 2016, I would like to hear your report on the quieter ride.