Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ten Reasons to Take the Yugo - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited December 2015 in Yugo
Ten Reasons to Take the Yugo - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

It takes some convincing to get the uninitiated to ride along in our long-term 1989 Yugo GVL.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reminderreminder Posts: 383
    #11-No concerns with untrustworthy valets.
  • daryleasondaryleason TexasPosts: 501
    I'm one of those odd-ball car guys, so I'm fairly certain that I'd rock the Yugo on a regular basis, but my wife would kill me if she thought I'd try to get something like this and make it a daily driver.

But I do question the gas fumes. After purging the tank and rebuilding the carburetor, y'all are still getting a pervasive fuel smell in the car? If it were an older car, without a catalytic converter, I'd chalk it up to just the fuel that wasn't burned in the exhaust. Any clue about that?
  • nate001nate001 Posts: 102
    I know that you only paid $950 for this car, but have you thought about cleaning the interior of this car its a filthy mess, At least put some seat covers on then maybe people will want to ride in it.

Maybe the fire extinguisher within reach from the drivers seat is also a turn off. My idea of a fun is not "I wonder when/if this things is going to catch fire".
  • Wow...it IS a filthy mess.
  • prndlolprndlol Posts: 140
    Time to play 'Name that Stain'
  • adamb1adamb1 Cookeville, TNPosts: 122
    Was there a murder in the passenger seat or was it a case of incontinence?
  • Ratty cars like that remind me of my late high school/early college years, when several of my friends had cars like that because that was all they could afford. And they were the fortunate ones; the rest of us couldn't afford any car. Now that I'm middle aged and relatively affluent, though, I'd never climb into a car that ratty on a daily basis. Once or twice for the novelty, but that'd be it.
  • Yeesh. Your wife is a good sport.
  • You guys should clean the interior a bit. I own a Yugo myself and something basic like a vacuum or de-clutter really makes a difference. You may not think so but even cleaning the seats or dash does make them come up rather well.