Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Into the Mountains for a Winter Hors d'Oeuvre - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Jeep
imageInto the Mountains for a Winter Hors d'Oeuvre - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Editor James Riswick drives the 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk to Big Bear Lake, California, to test its performance in the mountains and snow.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The more I read about the 9-speed boxes fitted by Jeep, the more I think they all need reprogramming using a USB to Tazer interface. Not being able to engage the gear required for proper engine braking is asinine.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    This has to be one of the worst drivetrains available today. I can't tell if FCA just doesn't care (sales are good), or if they don't know what to do to fix it. My one test drive told me enough to stay away.

"If your wintery road trip includes trips up and down a mountain, the Jeep Renegade is probably not the way to go." Pretty damning commentary on a Jeep - sad.
  • Options
    saxdoggsaxdogg Member Posts: 38
    Have you guys taken it back to the dealer and complained? See if you get an available Pcm/tcm update and report back....you know, like a real owner might do?
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    The problem is the dreadful Tigershark engine. Since Sergio is bent on sucking as much money as possible from American Chrysler there is no truly modern 4cyl engines available. A 2.0 was supposed to be avail by now but where is it? Not even next year is it coming. The lack of a modern, smooth 4cyl is really starting to hurt. The Dart and 200 really, really need one but have to deal with the buzzy and gutless Tigershark. Jeep and Ram are the only things keeping FCA afloat and Sergio should really give them the resources to develop a nice 1.6-2.0 Turbo engine.
  • Options
    aspadeaspade Member Posts: 42
    What did you expect? It's a lifestyle accessory for urban women. Car abilities let alone truck abilities are wholly incidental.

This is like complaining that you can't run in heels.