Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Fiat 124 Spider Coming to Fiat Dealerships Next Summer | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in FIAT
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Coming to Fiat Dealerships Next Summer | Edmunds.com

The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider, which debuted today at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show, will begin arriving at Fiat dealerships next summer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• boffboff Member Posts: 91
    No manual for the premium version??? Lay off the grappa, FCA..this is one of the few segments still with a decent manual transmission take rate.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    This car has classic sexy curves. It'll be interesting to see if building it atop the Miata chassis successfully melds Fiat's "va-va-VOOM!" with Mazda's zoom-zoom.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    It's love at first sight - kind of reminds me of a Miata only with Italian sex appeal. If I were to buy on looks alone, I'd order it today. I'm hoping Fiat can make what under the hood work as well as it looks. for some reason I have my doubts.
    i didn't realize that Fiat and Miata were working together. One item that I'd like to see changed is the pull hand break. Many manufacturers are replacing the pull hand brake with a push button - it's a much cleaner look and clears up space.
    boff said:

No manual for the premium version??? Lay off the grappa, FCA..this is one of the few segments still with a decent manual transmission take rate.

there's two versions - one is the 'calssica' and the other is "Lusso" or 'luxury'.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

i didn't realize that Fiat and Miata were working together.

I was excited about Italian style and Mazda reliability until I found out that the drivetrain wasn't going to be from Mazda. But if there's more power available in the Spider, then the Miata grumblers will have to find something else to grumble about than having a slow car you can drive fast.