Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Budd-e Concept Previews Microbus for the New Millennium: 2016 CES | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Volkswagen
Volkswagen Budd-e Concept Previews Microbus for the New Millennium: 2016 CES | Edmunds.com

The Volkswagen Budd-e concept, an electric van inspired by the German automaker's iconic Microbus

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "The concept has a range of up to 373 miles and can be recharged in about 15 minutes," this should be preceded by allegedly!
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I've given up waiting for a New Microbus, in the same vein as the New Beetle (now just called the Beetle). VW had in the years past shown concepts, which at least had a similarity to the original. The claim that this version mirrors 'the charm of classic VW vans" is as far fetched as their mileage and charging time claims.
    This is what it looked like in 2011-ish. I wish they went with this design.
    http://techmalak.techmalak.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Volkswagen-Microbus-concept-2014.jpg
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That was a great concept @desmolicious - scuttlebutt I read said that VW couldn't get it to economically pass the crash test requirements.
  • Options
    scottnsc2scottnsc2 Member Posts: 29
    Is it REALLY electric or is it powered by coal or steam, maybe a hamster on a little wheel?