Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid Highlight High-Tech, Family-Friendly Features | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Chrysler
image2017 Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid Highlight High-Tech, Family-Friendly Features | Edmunds.com

The all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, the automaker's latest take on the minivan, arrives at Chrysler dealerships in the spring, followed by the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid, a plug-in version, in the second half of 2016. The pair debuts at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kuvnyiamtshebkuvnyiamtsheb Member Posts: 4
    Is this the Chrsler version of the Nissan Quest....it kinda look familiar. Nonetheless, it looks very nice...hopefully itll drive just as nice too. Cant believe i just said that.
  • rdollierdollie Member Posts: 16
    Looks like an updated Mercedes R-class to me.
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I hope the new Chrysler Pacifica does well. The company that created the minivan segment deserves to be more than just an "also-ran".
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    I don't know that the name is a good decision, but the vehicle itself looks pretty sharp. These will sell by the truckload.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Best looking minivan I've ever seen.
  • jeffksf1jeffksf1 Member Posts: 7
    How did they hide the sliding door roller track? I can't get a good enough view in any of these pictures. Looks good, I find the name change curious.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Decent looking, maybe a bit of French or Italian in the design? But how will it hold up over time?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Optional AWD?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    jeffksf1 said:

How did they hide the sliding door roller track? I can't get a good enough view in any of these pictures. Looks good, I find the name change curious.

They hid the track pretty well IMO. Look at bottom edge of the rear glass - can see it better in the pic below:

http://s2.paultan.org/image/2016/01/12466224_961977653886496_7743585378498758285_o-e1452495331833.jpg
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Very nice looking and I like the Pacifica name, I wont ever buy one but good job FCA.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Maybe FCA should bring back an extended warranty. I think an 8yr/100mi one might move more to buy it. My kid bought a Highlander out of college and got one of those Toyota brand comprehensive warranties for that length and I believe it only cost something like $1250. Just starting out, so thought it might be a good idea in case any electronics go bonkers.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Looks nice enough. I haven't been impressed with the grocery hooks in our Grand Caravan. Not sure about the built in vac either. I got a portable hand vac after our move last year and it only cost $15 - there's been a lot of ink used bragging on something that's kind of nothing.

Nice to see FCA "stealing" various ideas. Never understood why few manufacturers have copied the hidden sliding door tracks.

I got a Voyager back in '89 and the 7/70 warranty was a big selling point. An 8/100 warranty, even if it's just on the drivetrain, would be a good idea.
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    Wonder what the tradeoff between gov't tax credits and additional cost will be for hybrid?
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    "Customers really don't understand what a PHEV is," said Bruce Velisek, director of Chrysler brand product marketing. "But they understand what a hybrid is."

Lol are they calling their potential customers idiots? Isn't that what a salesperson is for? To explain little details like that? Several manufacturers offer PHEVs models alongside standard hybrid and gasoline only variants, it's not rocket science.
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    Trim Levels for this car are as follows

LX FWD
    Touring FWD/AWD
    Touring L FWD/AWD
    Touring L+ FWD/AWD
    Limited FWD/AWD
    Limited Platinum FWD/AWD

Pricing is likely to be as follows

28,495 to 44,995

At least this is what Im hearing from people. I guess we'll find out in a month

Trim Levels for this car are as follows

LX FWD
    Touring FWD/AWD
    Touring L FWD/AWD
    Touring L+ FWD/AWD
    Limited FWD/AWD
    Limited Platinum FWD/AWD

Pricing is likely to be as follows

28,495 to 44,995

At least this is what Im hearing from people. I guess we'll find out in a month

looks like i was very close. AWD not available YET
  • rtadamsrtadams Member Posts: 28
    I received this from my dealer (NJ) on the new Pacifica. It hasn't hit the lot yet but rates are out:

photo Screenshot 2016-04-13 20.35.54.png

Heres an idea on how much a Touring L plus will run you, compared to a Honda/Toyota equivalent (numbers based on Michigan tax rate of 6%)

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium AWD = $492.96 with 0 down (43k msrp)
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring w/ DVD RES & Nav = $471.33 with 0 down (43k msrp) (honda loyalty)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus = $465.28 with 500 down, EP & Conquest rebate (42k msrp)
    How many people here know what the number of people who purchase an FCA product, as an employee (EP price)? Its 22%. So, ONLY employees will qualify for the above mentioned price. The remaining 78% will qualify for a price thats $2300 higher than the price above
    (An Extra $64/month w/o interest or tax).

So the majority of people leasing the Touring L Plus, will be paying $543/month for a 10k miles per year, 36 month lease.

Show of hand on how many people would rather pay $50-$75/month, for a Chrysler over a Toyota or Honda?

Being in michigan, Id rather lease the Sienna XLE Premium AWD for $50 less per month and get the added benefit of a better suspension and a MUCH MORE RELIABLE CAR. Granted, we dont know what the reliability will be for the Pacifica, but if its anything like the 200 is partially based on, IT WILL BE A DISASTER.

As always, time will tell!