Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Genius Shines Through at Two-Tenths - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Mazda
imageGenius Shines Through at Two-Tenths - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

You don't have to drive fast or travel to epic mountain roads to appreciate the genius of the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata. A routine drive to the store will suffice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Despite all the flaws you guys have pointed out (some of which I think has been grasping at straws but I digress...) the Miata remains great because unlike so many heavier, quicker, faster, fancier cars... each time you drive one and row through the gears, it brings a smile to most of our faces.

I don't own a Miata and don't plan on buying one but I'm really glad that Mazda continues to build them and hope this is evidence that Americans do want sports cars. We do want manual transmissions. We do like driving. We're not all obsessed with having rolling iphones that do everything but wipe our backsides.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yep, the Miata is designed to be the type of car you buy stripped down. Sound system? Its called the engine + wind noise. Complex automatics? Are you kidding me? Blind Spot? It's called look behind you since the top is down. Semi-automated driving? LOL.

All you need is Air Conditioning.
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    I am not sure I like the new styling but it is growing on me.....but those wheels are just terrible.....they look like cheap Pep Boys specials.
  • Options
    wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97
    >>At times it was raining felines and canines

And you almost hit a "poodle!" :)

Perhaps one day I'll have one. Until then, I'll live vicariously through all of Edmunds' posts.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Yes! This is the strong point of a well balanced convertible. It's about the ability to drop the top, pilot down the road feeling a strong a man-machine connection, and forget whatever stress was in your life and replace it with a smile on your face within 2 minutes. People who size up convertibles based on back seat space, trunk space, 0-60, etc., don't get this.

Oh, and big bonus if the well balanced 'vert is also affordable enough that you own it free and clear, because that's one less stress to have to forget about every day. ;)