Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Folding Third-Row Shouldn't Be So Awkward - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Kia
imageFolding Third-Row Shouldn't Be So Awkward - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

When it comes to seats, our 2015 Kia Sedona typically receives rave reviews. When it comes to folding the third-row seats however, it needs work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    It seems like the simple solution would be to literally flip the handle/latch on the seat design. Of course, that'd have to be done (most likely) by the company, but by flipping the handle 180 degrees from as installed, you'd be pulling "down" or "back to release the seat to fold down. To put it up, you'd be pulling "up" or "forward" to get it to come up.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    This looks similar to the design in my wife's 2010 Odyssey. Fortunately, Honda remedied that goof-up with a single pull strap on the 4th generation (2011+) vans.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    My 09 Sedona has a strap instead of that handle, which allows you to pull the seat toward you. I can't figure out why Kia thought that handle would be better, although my Sedona also has the reclining strap shown in the photo, positioned at the outer edges.

The two straps' function can be confusing for a newbie, so maybe they thought a handle/strap combination would be more clear.
  • Options
    03hondaaccord03hondaaccord Member Posts: 18
    My parents 2006 Odyssey has a combination of a strap and a latch to lower them. To put up, simply swing the seat up until the legs click in, pull the strap until the back rest is up. Down is easier: pull the strap, the back rest folds, and at the same time, pull the latch and use the strap to tilt the whole thing back into the well. Sounds easy right? Meh. The single seat is OKay, but the combo seat is insanely heavy Lol!