Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Wiper Sprayers Need Adjustment - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Volvo
imageWiper Sprayers Need Adjustment - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Volvo S60 asked for a windshield wiper fluid top-off. So I did.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dm7279dm7279 Member Posts: 63
    I have the same problem with my 2014, some of the nozzles shoot over roof rather than the windshield. It really isn't adequate.
  • Options
    djd352djd352 Member Posts: 31
    Does the type of spray: stream vs. mist, maybe have something to do with climate? I have noticed that the misting type tend not to be as effective when the weather gets cold (snowy and icy), instead it just seems to accumulate on top of the ice on the windshield. On the other hand the stream type tend to "cut-through" the ice on the windshield. Yes, I know that this and many other cars have heated washer fluid, but wonder if this maybe has something to do with Swedish winters... Still, they perhaps need to be adjusted a bit lower.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    No No No! You're looking at this wrong. You don't need the sprayers angled better for the windshield. You need them angled higher to shoot over the car. That way, you've got a James Bond Defensive weapon. When cars follow too closely, you activate the sprayers and squirt their windshield. I'd recommend a low-viscosity clear oil. Add flame throwers to the rear and go totally medieval on them. Flaming a Prius will teach them not to Tailgate and at the same time, break their spirit by adding carbon to the atmosphere as their lithium-ion batteries smolder in the ashes of the inconsiderate driving. Plus, you'll get to be on TV after the man-hunt.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

No No No! You're looking at this wrong. You don't need the sprayers angled better for the windshield. You need them angled higher to shoot over the car. That way, you've got a James Bond Defensive weapon. When cars follow too closely, you activate the sprayers and squirt their windshield. I'd recommend a low-viscosity clear oil. Add flame throwers to the rear and go totally medieval on them. Flaming a Prius will teach them not to Tailgate and at the same time, break their spirit by adding carbon to the atmosphere as their lithium-ion batteries smolder in the ashes of the inconsiderate driving. Plus, you'll get to be on TV after the man-hunt.

How often are you tailgated by a Prius?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Those hypermilers are known for their drafting skills. :p
  • Options
    I was actually thinking more along the lines of tailgaters in city traffic, where you're on the highway with a 75 mph limit and you're creeping along at 15 mph. That, and I just like to pick on the Prius. Although I do like the Prius more than I do a PT Cruiser. Actually, I like pretty much every car more than a PT Cruiser, to include, but not limited to, the Yugo, those electric cars you buy for kids at Wal-Mart that look like real vehicles, bumper cars, the Pontiac Aztec, & VW Diesels that are currently under EPA fines.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for your "darlyeason does not like the PT Cruiser" updates, every hour on the hour!
  • Options
    I also keep hoping if I run my dryer long enough, my clothes will fold themselves.
  • Options
    craigo7craigo7 Member Posts: 51
    Try sticking the end of a push pin into the nozzle. Helps with clogs and allows you to re-aim them too.
  • Options
    randy_waderandy_wade Member Posts: 1
    Our 2015 V60 was spraying over the roof as well. A quick cleaning of the nozzles solved the problem. The nozzles had an obvious white scale or soap build up around them, probably mostly on the bottom of the nozzle where it would tend to collect and would thus send the stream upward. I used a small finish nail to lightly ream the nozzle tips and they are now hitting the windshield right where they should.