Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

The Workaround - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Dodge
imageThe Workaround - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

I swore the first time I drove the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 would also be the last. Until I found the workaround.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    I have a concrete idea - get rid of the clearly crappy aftermarket exhaust and replace it with Borlas or Corsas.
  • Options
    hacefriohacefrio Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2016
    C'mon sxty8stang. That's a very boring and entirely sensible solution.

I believe that's the leading option on the table. But remember, the original idea of this car is to keep it within the average Milennial owner's budget. A Corsa or Borla might not be bank-breaking, and that could be the way we end up going, but we're looking at other cheaper ideas first.
  • Options
    atariatari Member Posts: 10
    You need to add a Helmholtz chamber to the exhaust to kill the drone. Solo Performance made one for the axle back on my 2009 G8 GT. It's an odd u-shaped extension added onto the exhaust. It works, but it looks weird. Google it.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    Flowtech Raptor is supposed to be a really good Magnaflow clone made by Hooker. and for less than 30 dollars each it is WORTH a shot if the current ones really are that bad
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, we borrowed my bother-in-law's V6 Mustang that he modified with a straight through exhaust. Sounded GREAT when starting up, but was intolerable on the road. Literally tried to touch the accelerator as little as possible.
  • Options
    hoseclamphoseclamp Member Posts: 13
    or just get a Magnaflow muffler to swap out the current one and quit the b!tchin?? you guys have a lift, use it. where's dan or jay kav when you need them?
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    Just go all the way and remove the mufflers! scare all the kids and the cops love it I heard.