Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Feds Probe 2008-'10 Nissan Versa After Complaints of Front Coil Spring Fracture| Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Nissan
imageFeds Probe 2008-'10 Nissan Versa After Complaints of Front Coil Spring Fracture| Edmunds.com

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into an estimated 130,000 Nissan Versas after consumer complaints of front coil spring fracture.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bumpasoarusbumpasoarus Member Posts: 1
    The dealerships are just giving owners the run around saying the sound and wobble associated with the front suspension is an ABS diagnostic. This car needs to be recalled and fixed.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Turned into a recall. My oldest daughter, who now owns our 2007 Versa hatchback, called us this morning to ask about the recall news she saw. I expect another call shortly from our other daughter who owns our 2012 Versa. ;)
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    My daughter with the 2007 Versa had a brake issue and the dealership she dealt with in DE was able to do her recall in Dec at the same time. That Versa has 160,000+ miles on it and neither spring broke. My 2012 with 63,000 miles had the right front spring fracture this morning as I started to back out of the driveway. Fortunately, it broke up high so there's no danger of it shredding a tire and I'll be able to cut my driving to a minimum until I get the recall service on it, and my other daughter's 2010 Versa next week!

You want a suspension noise? I GOT a suspension noise! B)