Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What Can Brown Do For You? - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Acura
imageWhat Can Brown Do For You? - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Acura is getting really wild (well, for them at least) by offering brown leather in the 2015 TLX.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    edited February 2016
    I like brown interiors. But if you're going to offer it in brown, you need to also offer faux woodgrain paneling on the side. Oh, and don't forget the sliding ashtray in the center of the dash, as well as the ashtrays in the armrests of the door.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Audi Allroad. Hmm.
  • Options
    thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    Love the earth tones and brown leather and trim coming out with vehicles. I was also recently enamored by the dark blue/brown mix jeep offers and of course my red in my BMW (my wife hates it though). With all the choices some car companies offer black and beige seem cliche.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    Everything black. brown seats are nice too. I love the blue interior on older cars you don't see that much anymore.
  • Options
    jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    Black and Brown don't look good together. It needs to be matched with tan on the doors/center console which is what a few other manufacturers do. Mixing it with black is cheaper for manufacturing. I prefer light grey (Audi has it right) or tan with neutral exteriors. My GTI's Black looks good with red stitching as well, especially matched with silver exterior for contrast.
  • Options
    stevel1963stevel1963 Member Posts: 1
    I had brown leather in my black 1984 Mazda RX-7. I'm glad to see this option becoming more available on new cars. After years of black leather interiors, my next car will have brown or red or something other than black, beige, or gray.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Dark brown, medium brown, basketball red/orange, bright red, and almost any color two-toned with black or other contrasting color. Oh, and add contrasting stitching or piping. And if you're really going crazy, why not some type of quilting? Honestly, for the life of me I cannot understand why interiors have been so bland in color, materials, and stitching (including piping) for so long.

And since we're going crazy here, I also cannot understand why no manufacturers are building broad-market every day driving sedans that are low, wide and stylish ala the Fisker Karma or Aston Martin Rapide for the average buy? If they started the design from scratch and didn't go especially nuts with the design features such as carbon fiber and other high-end materials why not make the next Impala or Chrysler 300 that looks stunning?
  • Options
    expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    I like the new brown and russet colors as contrast to the black/beige/gray look, and if offered in a car I wanted I'd take those over the traditional colors. I miss blue as an interior color and deep red, almost a maroon color, not the orangish-red like BMW, for example, uses. My parents had a '90s Cadillac, platinum with an deep red, cordovan or oxblood color, leather interior. The car wasn't that great but the color combo is still one of the best I've seen.
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    Dark blue exterior with a dark brown/reddish interior...sweet! yeah for some reason my wife hates the oxblood color. she says it looks tacky. meh...what does she know!?
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Anything but GREY... I love the brown in the TLX. I also love the baseball glove leather in the King Ranch Fords. My wife has a beat up old Coach purse from the 80s (Made in NYC) in the super thick baseball glove leather and it is her favorite bag by far. She loves the look of used leather......
  • Options
    carfreak13carfreak13 Member Posts: 17
    I drive a car with a blue interior and its fantastic (93 honda) I also like the baseball glove look, very luxurious. The range rovers that have a tan interior but black seats and carpet are also interesting...