Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Wide Turns Only - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Ford

imageWide Turns Only - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Full-size trucks aren't known for their maneuverability so it?s not surprising that our 2015 Ford F-150 has a wide turning radius. But how much wider is it compared to other full-size trucks?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    aspadeaspade Member Posts: 42
    Read the Ram brochure more carefully.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I've driven a couple of the 2015 F-150 SuperCrews with the 5.5 foot bed. It does seem to have a wider turning circle than my 2013. I thought it was just me. It could be that there isn't any difference, but it doesn't feel like it. I know when I pull into my driveway, I typically have to do a 180 to end up pointed in the right direction. With my 2013, I just drop the right tire off the pavement, whip around, and I'm right where I want to be in my 2013. In the 2015s I've driven, I have to come a little left of center when I drop off the right hand side of the pavement to end up in the same spot.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Ford's old twin I-Beam front suspension is dated compared to the current setup but it's design gave the big truck a tight turning radius. It's simple rugged design combined with the smaller wheels and tires of it's day left a lot of room for the front wheels to turn.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Update to my own post; looks like Ford is still using the rugged Twin I-Beam front suspension in the Super Duty trucks.