Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Give Me a Wipe - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Chevrolet
imageGive Me a Wipe - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Our 2016 Chevrolet Volt doesn't have a rear window wiper. It could use one.

Read the full story here

Comments

• nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Aero drag probably. A big enough wiper to really do a good job would be pretty big. And of course price. Only the fancier 2gen Prius' had rear wipers the base models did not. The new model "ll Eco" does not have the wiper either.

http://www.toyota.com/prius/2016/features/exterior/1223/1224/1225/1226
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Just carry a decent quality car squeegie. You can give the window a quick cleanup to get rid of morning dew, plus clean your windows when filling up and the station doesn't have any out or have enough.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Small things like this are just something for the bean counters to penny-pinch.US car makers didn't understand luggage covers on hatchbacks a few years ago, either. Betcha the Euro versions come with a rear wiper.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Rain X is your friend
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    That's one thing that always annoys me about driving a sedan vs a hatchback/wagon/suv - the often lack of rear wiper. It rains quite a bit where I live (PNW), so I'll forgo an mpg or two for the ability to clear the rear window.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

Small things like this are just something for the bean counters to penny-pinch.US car makers didn't understand luggage covers on hatchbacks a few years ago, either. Betcha the Euro versions come with a rear wiper.

The amount of drag produced by a rear wiper is negligible compared to being able to see out the rear window. Might not be important in sunny California but in areas with a lot of rain and snow it will be missed. Small details like this are why people flocked in mass to Japanese cars in the 70's and 80's and drove past Caddy and Lincoln dealers in their new BMW's and Mercedes.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Why would drag be the reason to not have it if the Prius does?
    It's much more likely to be a cheap [non-permissible content removed] bean counter reason to not have it than any other valid reason.
    Remember, this is the same company that didn't want to spend $1 extra to fix a faulty ignition switch that killed people.