Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

El Nino Leak Down Test - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Yugo
El Nino Leak Down Test - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

If you drive an 1989 Yugo GVL in a downpour, will you get wet? Edmunds tests the rain-worthiness of the oldest test car in the fleet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Yea!!! A Yugo post. These are getting fewer and further between. I'm not being sarcastic. It's about time we get an update on it. I actually hope y'all keep it around a lot longer than you should. In fact, I'd rather y'all sell the Corvette and put the Yugo in the display area of the front office.
  • nate001nate001 Member Posts: 102
    With the water damage already on the seats, you could have left it parked in the rain with the windows down and not done much more damage, it might have helped clean the inside of the car.

Also, when are we going to get post from someone who actually has to drive it as a penalty for a few days?
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    nate001 said:

Also, when are we going to get post from someone who actually has to drive it as a penalty for a few days?

Like ever who drove the pickup with a foot of snow on it...
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    This thing is more watertight than my Wrangler Rubicon hard top...
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Excellent. This car seems to be sorted out, at least for a while. It won't make the list of Edmunds' worst long-term testers, to be sure.
  • craigo7craigo7 Member Posts: 51
    That rear quarter shot is fetching. Kind of like an ugly dog that you want to hug. Maybe you can call the Yugo "Tank".
  • willin58willin58 Member Posts: 38
    "...or attacked by a sprinkler gone rouge."

I had no idea that red sprinklers posed such a hazard!
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    edited June 2016
    Any updates on the Yugo or is it going to disappear without notice like the '97 Miata? What happened to the Miata anyway?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    Just curious why the ol' Yugo is now listed under "Past Long-Term Road Tests?" Is it gone and forgotten?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It was put up for sale a couple of weeks ago -- haven't heard if it sold or not.