Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Setting Records on its First Road Trip, Part 1 - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in BMW
imageSetting Records on its First Road Trip, Part 1 - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Since our 2015 BMW M235i convertible needed miles, I decided to take it on a quick road trip to Zion National Park in Utah.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    handbrakehandbrake Member Posts: 99
    What record was set?
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    We need some comparison numbers showing fuel economy with the top down versus with the top up. Edmunds provides comparable numbers for towing vs non-towing on the trucks, so it'd stand to reason that we find out how much of a hit you take with the top down. And all that sounded rude. So I apologize. But I am curious if there is much of a hit on the fuel economy. Also, I'm curious about how often it's actually driven with the top down. It seems most people leave the tops up, even after spending the extra money.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I do see people on the highway with the top down, but I would imagine that is for relatively short stints on the way to the beach or a nice drive up PCH. Blowing through the desert at 75mph, I'd have the top up. So it would be an interesting data point, but if they didn't have time to do a comparison I wouldn't miss it.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    handbrake said:

What record was set?

Furthest driven for a donut.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Thought What's Hot was supposed to be the replacement for Inside Line...and was supposed to be the Edmunds motorsports-model part of the site.

I see that all of the SUVs, CUVs, minvans, trucks...those have no problems making it to 20k miles in a year. You guys have an M-Sport model BMW and in almost 17,000 miles, no one's taken it on a road trip? Kinda sad...
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    handbrake said:

What record was set?

longest driven between a male and female without raising their voices at each other:

"and my girlfriend and I never had to raise our voices to talk to each other"

wait till your married... and you stop at a mcdonald's so she can pee. and then you suggest she grab you something to eat for the road. and then she FREAKS out because now she has to wait in line for 5 minutes. and so she suggests that YOU go in and get food while she pees... and you say, "BUT YOU ARE ALREADY GOING IN!!!"

and then you are yelling at each other.

• Options
    cameronrcameronr Member Posts: 38
    handbrake said:

What record was set?

Detailed at the end of part two.
    EDMUNDS NEWS AND REVIEWS EDITOR
  • Options
    cameronrcameronr Member Posts: 38
    s197gt said:

handbrake said:

What record was set?

longest driven between a male and female without raising their voices at each other:

"and my girlfriend and I never had to raise our voices to talk to each other"

wait till your married... and you stop at a mcdonald's so she can pee. and then you suggest she grab you something to eat for the road. and then she FREAKS out because now she has to wait in line for 5 minutes. and so she suggests that YOU go in and get food while she pees... and you say, "BUT YOU ARE ALREADY GOING IN!!!"

and then you are yelling at each other.

No unexpected stops on this trip at all. Not sure what effect marriage has on the renal system, I'll get back to you once I've done more research.
    EDMUNDS NEWS AND REVIEWS EDITOR