Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Storage Opportunities - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Kia
imageStorage Opportunities - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Kia has added a useful number of interior storage options in the 2016 Optima. Whether it's phones or water bottles, Kia should have you covered.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    First, I'm curious about the Optima's glove box. My mother had a 2013 (I think) Kia Optima. Oh her car, it was designed to keep a drink cold by the routing of the AC's vents to where you could place a 12 ounce can in the glove box and it was like a little mini-fridge. Is this Optima like that?

Second, the cup holders look like they'd have been better if they were pushed "forward" and the square bin in the front moved back. What's the angle like on trying to grab something from the two cup holders? Comfortable for the driver?
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Too bad about the scuffs on the lower door panel...there is a reason those things on the inside of the door are called "handles" and not "footles."

You're not supposed to kick the door open.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    people who kick a door open, put their feet up on the dash or window ledge, or place things like drinks, purses, etc., on the roof, hood, or trunk drive me nuts. That's like when you see a picture of a beautiful woman on classic or exotic car, as a man, I'm like "Yeah, she's hot" but as a car guy, I go "Oh God! The paint! I hope she didn't put a crease or dent in the bodywork. Did they do anything to protect the seats when she stood up in the convertible?"
  • Options
    5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    I have the same scuff marks on my door, I have to make a conscious effort to avoid scraping my flipper feet against the it when I'm swinging them out of the car.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    5vzfe said:

I have the same scuff marks on my door, I have to make a conscious effort to avoid scraping my flipper feet against the it when I'm swinging them out of the car.

Me, too...I wear only a men's 10, but my wife (women's 6 1/2) and son (youth 2) leave the marks.

It's not the size of the shoe...it's the fact that I have to clean up/apply vinyl treatment on the scuff and they don't. That's the issue with this car, too. 3,615 whole miles, and these marks will be left to the hard-working gentlemen at the detail shop.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I figure my cars will wind up in the shredder in twenty years or less anyway, so I want to put my foot on the dash, that's what I'm going to do. Life is too short to obsess about a tool that may get flattened by a drunk driver tomorrow.

Pass the fries, the road ahead is empty. B)
  • Options
    janet_kjanet_k Member Posts: 18
    I'm with @stever on this one.
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    I am NOT with @stever. By that logic , we should all indulge and eat , drink and be merry. We are all going die sooner or later.