Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

No Longer Needs a Pass - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Toyota
No Longer Needs a Pass - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Previous Prius models generally got a favorable overlook of a decidedly low-rent and not futuristic interior. Not anymore: the 2016 Toyota Prius Four Touring interior — even its steering wheel! — gets the 21st century treatment.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    This toaster oven really feels 'sporty" and "premium" to me!
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2016
    jakek66 said:

This toaster oven really feels 'sporty" and "premium" to me!

Lucky! When I look at it from the outside, it feels like someone has sprayed acid in my eyes!
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    Until they put the instruments directly in front of the driver, the Prius is dead to me. I still have not heard any augments in favor of that placement.
  • Options
    dougnutsdougnuts Member Posts: 26
    notfast said:

Until they put the instruments directly in front of the driver, the Prius is dead to me. I still have not heard any augments in favor of that placement.

I agree. The only real argument for is that it keeps costs down, but c'mon, they sell enough of them here to give it a proper instrument panel.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    The argument is that with the instruments in the center, it takes your eyes less time to refocus from the instruments to the road, plus you can see more of the road in your peripheral vision when looking at the instruments (both in comparison to instruments below the steering wheel rim).

I'm not saying it works exactly like that in the real world, those are just their claims. However, I'm sure I could get used to the configuration to the point where it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.