Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Fiat 124 Spider Bound for Dealerships This Summer, Priced at $25,990 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in FIAT
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Bound for Dealerships This Summer, Priced at $25,990 | Edmunds.com

The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider convertible hits Fiat dealerships this summer with a starting price of $25,990 for the base Classica model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    Wow, I did not expect the pricing of this to be so close to the Mazda. I thought it was going to have a significantly more powerful engine, but it's pretty close - even the Abarth is only up by 10 but with the turbo it will be interesting to see what the torque comparison looks like. I'll wait until I see more photos and the interior, but I think I still like the styling of the MX-5 better. I wish Mazda could have stuffed in the 2.5 or had a turbo option for the 2.0. I know the Miata is still a fun car with the power it has and outright speed isn't its focus, but getting into the 180 - 200hp range I think would go a long way towards silencing the usual complaints about power. With the high compression and other engineering already going on in the "Skyactive" (hate that name, but it's not as bad as Honda's "Earth Dreams") engines, I'm not sure there's much room for aftermarket tuning to get more out of them.
  • Options
    accdguy13accdguy13 Member Posts: 30
    Nice - one of the least reliable brands in the US is selling an overpriced drop top without the reliability of a Miata. Pass.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    There is no 5 extra hp on the Abarth model. Why bother? Dyno the Abarth and the base model with premium cloth seats (!) and you'll see.
    Just marketing spin.