Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What's New for 2016? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2016 in Jeep
imageWhat's New for 2016? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Jeep made a few small changes to the 2015 Jeep Renegade as it heads into its second year of production. Shame the lousy transmission wasn't one of them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    "Finally for 2016, they got rid of the flashlight." That's too bad. I have a theory that after the launch of a new model, many cars (especially mainstream models) gradually become decontented as they age. Take my Passat for example. I have an SE model. The 2012 Passat SE had standard dual-zone automatic climate control. My 2013 Passat SE has manual, single-zone climate control. And by 2015, smaller features like the fancy exhaust tip had been removed. Do any of these changes make a significant impact to a potential customer's decision to buy one car over another? No, which is why they were cut. Saving just a few dollars per car over 100,000 models makes a big difference to the bottom line, so I see how it is tempting for an auto manufacturer to make these changes. But at the same time, losing enough of these details starts impacting the character of the car, and the overall sense of quality (or at least the sense that it was made by people who care about the details). As an enthusiast, I hate seeing small things like these disappear.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    I had bought a 2008, 8th generation Accord sedan, and the 2009 car didn't have an illuminated glove box compartment (as my 2008 had for the same EX-L level), or the silver painted trim on the vents, or the same stitching on the dirt panels. You're right about your theory yourethestig!
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    How long will it take for the industry to get rid of that 9speed disaster? I can't believe that Honda/Acura, Jeep and others have all accepted or tricked into this...
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    for all the hate on the drive train you guys sure put a lot of miles on it. apparently it is quite livable.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,347
    Perhaps a nine speed autobox is one cog too many; I love the 8HP45 in my 2er track rat.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    edited May 2016
    How's the quality of that Beats branded audio in other cars Edmunds has driven? I am the opposite of impressed with their headphones and powered speakers. Clearly, clearly, second rate sound quality compared to established audio brands. Beats Audio IMHO only sells to kids who value having the right logo on their gear above all else.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,347

How's the quality of that Beats branded audio in other cars Edmunds has driven? I am the opposite of impressed with their headphones and powered speakers. Clearly, clearly, second rate sound quality compared to established audio brands. Beats Audio IMHO only sells to kids who value having the right logo on their gear above all else.

Exactly; I bought my son some fairly inexpensive Sennheiser headphones and even his friends with Beats phones think the Sennheisers sound better

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    My car has the Beats audio system, and let's just say that it's the Bose of car audio. Well, actually, Bose is the Bose of car audio, but you get what I mean.

FWIW, it is an inexpensive option and I am NOT an audiophile, so I actually don't care...it's fine for listening to radio, so that's good enough for me. I'm just saying that audiophiles would not be impressed.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    s197gt said:

for all the hate on the drive train you guys sure put a lot of miles on it. apparently it is quite livable.

Nobody was driving it because nobody liked it, and so they made somebody drive it across the continent and back to get the miles. They still don't like it.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    It's still a turd for gas mileage, too. Full-size cars, trucks, and minivans do better.
  • wernerga3wernerga3 Member Posts: 7
    Beats has been the supplier of the premium audio system in the renegade since its inception. It was unbranded for 2015, but if you look at the internal ordering guide, it states: "premium beats audio". This of course makes sense, as the Fiat 500X is built along side it and guess what premium audio system it has- beats. In 2015, in EU, the renegade had the beats branding on the premium audio, and it was beyond me why they waited to come out and say it was beats all along in the US until 2016.
  • any1thereany1there Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2016
    "s197gt" - for all the hate on the drive train you guys sure put a lot of miles on it. apparently it is quite livable.
    Livable, but not likable. Is that acceptable? Not to me.
  • brianjacobbrianjacob Member Posts: 2
    What about Jeep Renegade Warcraft, I've seen it's leaked in and for China only..
  • brianjacobbrianjacob Member Posts: 2