Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Anyone know about Price paid for purchasing new 2017 Pacifica Touring-L

mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
edited May 2016 in Chrysler
I know this is still a brand new vehicle with release of less then 3 months in market. But I don't see any thread for Price Paid for new Pacifica Touring - L in northeast. At present it shows $34500 as base price. But it being Chrysler I know deals will be coming. Also this is very first year for the vehicle. So how reliable it will be based upon past track record of Chrysler.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2016
    I'm seeing MSRP of $35,490 for a Touring-L. That number includes the $995 destination.

There's a $500 incentive making TMV $34,990, plus a bunch of other conquest type incentives that you may qualify for.

I'm driving a Grand Caravan so it looks like I could maybe get $2,000 off a new one. My '09 has been reliable but I've only had it two years. Common wisdom is to avoid all-new model cars but I'm not sure I agree with that. With the Pacifica, not only did they recycle the name, my guess is that a lot of the underpinnings have been in use on other models for years now. But I don't know anything about the platform or other bits they are using, so who knows.
  • mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
    Thanks for your insight. Yes I'm little concerned about first year model buy for Pacifica. Maybe will lease one instead of buying and see how it goes.
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2016
    mjoshi said:

Thanks for your insight. Yes I'm little concerned about first year model buy for Pacifica. Maybe will lease one instead of buying and see how it goes.

Do not lease this vehicle

Either finance using a non captive lender (aka not chrysler capital) or lease a Odyssey or Sienna; both of which are leasing out better than the Pacifica.

If you are 100% set on the Pacifica, then dont be one of the suckers who leases this car in may; as the lease for this is utter GARBAGE.

Wait until the market dictate the captive lender to properly subvent the lease, making for a much more attractive lease. It may take another couple months, but you will save over $100 per month if you wait. Dont be stupid like everyone whos already leased this car, be smart.. AND WAIT IT OUT!
  • mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
    Thank you homerrulez for your suggestion. At present its between Chrysler & Honda. I've driven Odyssey in past and like the way it handles as well as value for money. But I think I will wait out like you said to see if Chrysler get's some sense and start offering better deals.