Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Bluetooth turned off. 2014 Toyota Camry.

seebertseebert Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Toyota

we just bought a 2014 camry with 4000 miles on it. i deleted the previous phones from the previous owner and then the bluetooth was turned off. one can see that on the screen unlit and OFF. does anyone know how to turn it back on? I went to dealer and they did not. there is no option to turn on. tried to set to default and nothing. need help please

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2014

Did you get a manual? Toyota has them online. (pdf file). If that link doesn't work, try this one.

Looks like you should have gotten there returning to the default but I'm no Bluetooth whiz.

• Options
    seebertseebert Member Posts: 2

thanks- have the manual. no mention of how to do that and the manager at the toyota dealer did not get why this i happening. common sense and logic says going to default should work but doesn't. have to wait until the tech people are back to work at toyota. closed today. thanks for trying.

• Options
    wheels_r_superwheels_r_super Member Posts: 44

On my 14.5 L and 13 XLE, I go to Setup and press Bluetooth. There is a pairing procedure you go thru where you turn on your smart phone and the car system and walk them thru a learning process. Nothing is automatic by using default.

• Options
    deanna301deanna301 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same exact problem with the same make and model car.
  • Options
    deanna301deanna301 Member Posts: 2
    I figured it out! Make sure to disassociate your phone with the car then connect again. In other words on my iPhone, "forget the network".
  • Options
    wolfpack27wolfpack27 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you deanna301 your fix worked on my new 2016 Camry.
  • Options
    roberta123roberta123 Member Posts: 2
    I deleted the mobile address for the car on my phone then let the Bluetooth in car search again .then it found it and loaded all my contacts from my phone. This was a Windows phone and a 2014 Camry.
  • Options
    aprilmatisaprilmatis Member Posts: 1
    I tried what your saying and it still didn't work for me..says Bluetooth off and I have no idea why..its not just my phone I've tried several other phones and other cellular networks! Please if anyone can help!! I've tried all I know..worked fine one night and the next morning it wasn't working at all! So frustrated..
  • Options
    aerdna716aerdna716 Member Posts: 1

I tried what your saying and it still didn't work for me..says Bluetooth off and I have no idea why..its not just my phone I've tried several other phones and other cellular networks! Please if anyone can help!! I've tried all I know..worked fine one night and the next morning it wasn't working at all! So frustrated..

Did you ever figure it out because I'm having he same problem. When i go to detailed bluetooth settings, the option to turn bluetooth on is grayed out.. i tried deleting all personal data and previously paired devices. When i try to just connect and search for my car on my phone or tablet, it can see the car multimedia and connect for a sec, but then it boots off and says device not supported. Ive tried everything, i just cant figure out why it wont give me the option to turn it on in the car
  • Options
    ihavepriusenvyihavepriusenvy Member Posts: 1
    I tried everything I could find to make the Bluetooth work. Every blog, every tutorial, even the manual :) Went up the ladder at the dealership (everyone trying the exact same things I had tried) but the option to "Add New Device" was always greyed out and it was stuck on "Bluetooth Is Off". Finally, the Toyota service person tried upgrading the firmware and, failing with that, determined I need a whole new audio unit. I'll be getting that this week or next. I know the other posts here are old but I want to post anyway so when someone new searches, you will see this and realize you may well have tried everything and done everything right and the system is just going to have to be replaced.
  • Options
    baggs88baggs88 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I had the same problem. I clicked on “Forget this device” on my iPhone and then tried to connect the phone again from the car. This time it worked and now my iPhone is connected to my Camry 2013 again. Hope it works for you all too !
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Thanks for sharing that baggs88. Amazing how many times things like that work now. Sort of like the standard Comcast solution of restarting the modem :)
  • Options
    20venza1520venza15 Member Posts: 1
    Having same problem here! Just bought a 2015 Venza (had a 2012 Venza-no problems) and the Bluetooth is off! Bluetooth on my iPhone has nothing to connect to, the Bluetooth in the car is off! Bluetooth on my iPhone is fine and works with everything else I have. The Bluetooth and Phone options on the car screen are greyed out(see attached photo) My iPhone was never connected to the car. I deleted previous personal data, Nothing has worked! How can the Bluetooth in the car be turned back on? Help!
  • Options
    texastexantexastexan Member Posts: 1
    I had the exact same problem, but now it’s fixed! I called Toyota Entune customer support and they sent me a link to the software update for my Camry Entune radio. Just follow the instructions and it will work again. https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/toyota
  • Options
    Yoel MirandaYoel Miranda Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Hello everyone, I had the same problem with my camry 2012 , my  galaxy s8 connect with the car fine ,40 second later the bluetooth got off automatic and disconnected the phone, I tried everything,  disconnect the battery , delete the phone fron the car ,and connected one more time , I did everything possible and nothing works , BUT yesterday I found something that Finaly worked and fix the problem , I went to the bluetooth setting in my phone galaxy s8 and turn OFF the message accesS ( unpair ) 
    From the phone and left the call audio - media audio and contact access pair ON   and it fixed everything now , I am going to leave a picture of my phone setting showing what I mean  turning the Message access turned off. 

• Options
    razzzzerrazzzzer Member Posts: 1
    it seems this is still a weird issue.... Yoels response above still works.. but sometimes i can have messages turned on.... odd....
  • Options
    EileenEileen Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    I just resolved the issue of the bluetooth being in the off position and would not turn on on our 2013 Toyota. After reading all the above, I turned off the bluetooth on my phone and then turned on the bluetooth on the car. When it was searching for other devices I turned on the phone's bluetooth and it connected. I was able to pair it and it worked. Praise God.
  • Options
    MercyMercy Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem with my 2014 Toyota Camry. It was working fine for years. All of a sudden it says Bluetooth off. I did all of the above. I had a friend tell me to clear my cache on my Bluetooth on my phone. I took my phone to store had them clear bluetooth. Reconnected my bluetooth to car and now it works. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Sweetthesting21Sweetthesting21 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    My 2015 Camry just did the same thing. On the car I hit the setup button then clicked general and from that screen I pushed the default button and then repaired my phone with no problem. This was after forgetting the device on the phone and car and restarting both about 10 times.
  • Options
    CrazyBirdLadyCrazyBirdLady Member Posts: 1
    I have a similar problem. I have a 2013 Corolla with a multimedia that's about a year old. The one that came with the car didn't work so they installed a new one. Bluetooth was working okay with my Android phone, then it turned off and won't be turned back on. Except sometimes it will search and load my phone, read about 2 sentences of my audio book, then shut off. This happens intermittently. I've tried deleting my phone and doing set up again multiple times (when it will let me) but then the page shifts to bluetooth-off.

Advice?
  • Options
    GoBlue92GoBlue92 Member Posts: 1
    I had a similar Bluetooth problem on my 2015 Toyota Venza. Was paired with my iPhone, then today the Bluetooth stopped working. In the ‘Settings’ display, the Bluetooth & Phone links were grayed out, so couldn’t be pressed. Then I found this solution in another Toyota forum, and as crazy as it sounds, it worked! So if nothing else mentioned here works, try this:

Turn ignition to On, but do not start the engine, and let the radio power on. Then while holding in the "APPS" button, turn the head lights on then off 3 times (Seriously!) This brought up a diagnostic screen. In the bottom left corner, hold down the "INIT" button about 3 seconds and it will say something about personalize data, yes or no. I pressed yes, and exited out by holding in the radio power button, which re-booted the display. The Bluetooth & Phone links in my Settings display were working again.

This is a genuine fix!
  • Options
    Tom334Tom334 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2012 Camry hybrid. Neither the phone nor apps buttons are working. The “Bluetooth” screen touch button, makes the noise acknowledging you pushed the button but nothing happens after this. The “Phone” screen touch button is doing the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem before?
  • Options
    LedbygraceLedbygrace Member Posts: 1
    GoBlue92 said:

I had a similar Bluetooth problem on my 2015 Toyota Venza. Was paired with my iPhone, then today the Bluetooth stopped working. In the ‘Settings’ display, the Bluetooth & Phone links were grayed out, so couldn’t be pressed. Then I found this solution in another Toyota forum, and as crazy as it sounds, it worked! So if nothing else mentioned here works, try this:

Turn ignition to On, but do not start the engine, and let the radio power on. Then while holding in the "APPS" button, turn the head lights on then off 3 times (Seriously!) This brought up a diagnostic screen. In the bottom left corner, hold down the "INIT" button about 3 seconds and it will say something about personalize data, yes or no. I pressed yes, and exited out by holding in the radio power button, which re-booted the display. The Bluetooth & Phone links in my Settings display were working again.

This is a genuine fix!

OMGOODNESS!!!
    I have been reading so many blogs, and trying so many different suggestions was about to lose my mind, when I saw this comment and had to reread it again because I thought it was a joke!!

I tried it, and BAMMM my Bluetooth is working and phone connected!!

Thank you so much!

PS THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!