Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Better Road-Trip Car Than Ever - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2016 in Toyota
Better Road-Trip Car Than Ever - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 Toyota Prius Four Touring headed to the Sierra Nevada on a weekend road trip, and it left some surprisingly favorable impressions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    The Prius catches flak form car guys because it is the antithesis of a drivers car. I think it is very good at what it is designed to do, but I remember when Toyota was known for Supras, MR2s, Celicas etc. Now they are known for the Prius.
  • nate001nate001 Member Posts: 102
    50 MPG sounds good until you find out that the civic can do the same without the extra hybrid stuff, sure the Civic around town is not going to get as near the mileage of the Prius, but since we are talking about road trips, I would have the Civic.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Without a doubt the best Prius...and a pretty good car, too. The Prius has more upgrades and innovations since the last version, only a few years old, than the phone-it-in Tacoma does since it was last redesigned over ten years ago.
  • ctpaulctpaul Member Posts: 46
    Especially good at 50 MPH in left lane from what I see on the highways.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2016
    ctpaul said:

Especially good at 50 MPH in left lane from what I see on the highways.

Clearly, you haven't mixed it with some of the Prius drivers we have in Vegas. 50 mph is what they do on surface streets.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    what about passing on a 2 lane road? took a road trip in my m235 for the first time. I'm in love with passing power now.
  • rcflintrcflint Member Posts: 1
    The non hybrid Civic hasn't been made that get get 50 mpg. Best we ever got in out 2006 was 39.