2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

First Dealer Service - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Honda
imageFirst Dealer Service - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

We took our 2016 Honda Civic in for its first scheduled service, which includes an oil change and tire rotation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    aukrautaukraut Member Posts: 2
    ...and the complaints about "Why Edmunds paid so much for an oil change" begin in 3....2....1
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    only four quarts of oil??? wow... synthetic?
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    aukraut said:

...and the complaints about "Why Edmunds paid so much for an oil change" begin in 3....2....1

Well, it IS a lot, however, at $70, it's cheaper compared to the Pilot's last service (our 13 Pilot is insanely simple to change oil) which was $185 of which $80+ was for the oil change and tire rotation. I'd bet, though, that there are coupons they could easily use to save $10-$15 off. Just got a dealership coupon for a $20 Tire Rotation (which I think is normally like $35), so I guess they make money on people who don't bother to try and get a better deal.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    s197gt said:

only four quarts of oil??? wow... synthetic?

0W-20 is always (at least my understanding) partially synthetic, but surprisingly, Honda doesn't require full synthetic even though its a Turbo. 4 quarts is about average: remember, its a 1.5 L engine. My 1.8 L Miata only needs 3.5 quarts.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I was under the impression that most of the majors who spec "synthetic" have really gone to a semi-synthetic/blend.