Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

12 Useful Car Features That Parents Shouldn't Overlook | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in General
image12 Useful Car Features That Parents Shouldn't Overlook | Edmunds.com

If you're a parent, you want your vehicle to be as convenient and kid-friendly as possible. Look for these 12 vehicle features as you shop.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Ahhh, I remember when having FM was a considerable upgrade & AC was pure luxury.
  • Options
    zandorzandor Member Posts: 67
    Way too long of a read. One of my colleagues explained what you want for a kid-hauler in 1 word: "Minivan." His wife said "eww no." Then they borrowed one for a week and she decided she wanted a minivan.
  • Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    We had a similar experience, test drove a couple of 3 row crossovers and then a minivan (Honda Odyssey). My wife somewhat reluctantly said she wished she didn't like it as much as she did. This was 8 years ago though, and some of the 3 row crossovers have gotten a lot better, so I can't be sure we'd get another minivan next time around. We plan on keeping this one for a few more years. Most people don't really WANT a minivan, but they're hard to beat for a practical family vehicle. The only things I wish it had are AWD for the winter, and less road noise. Otherwise, it's been very good.
  • Options
    TheGoombaTheGoomba Member Posts: 1
    Part of the problem I have is, yes I NEED rear air vents like I have in my Explorer, which are in the ceiling. As in, without some type of rear air vents that are not on the back of the center console, neither have to be on the sides by the doors or in the ceiling or it's a deal-breaker. However that being said, financially I need something, that gets more than 12-15 miles to the gallon.
  • Options
    sviseksvisek Member Posts: 35
    So tired of minivans now all having consoles between the front seats. Don't these designers have little kids? How about going back to a design where I can get to my toddler in her car seat without having to go outside in the rain or when it is 10 degrees?