Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Lexus RX350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

lji1lji1 Member Posts: 37
edited December 2015 in Lexus
In the market for a 2016 Lexus RX350... How have others fared?

Comments

• njcarguy31njcarguy31 Member Posts: 7
    I've gotten a quote for $49,800 for the RX350 AWD w/ 12.3 Nav, Safety+, and BlindSpot, original MSRP $51k before much negotiating.

I'm debating if the 2016 is worth the 6-7K more than the 2015 which is still a good car.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    TMV is coming in right at invoice in most zip codes. Since that's an average, buyers in some markets are paying less than invoice on the 2015s. $1k off MSRP seems like a "soft" quote, unless you are talking about an out the door quote that includes the taxes and fees.

I dunno, you did this a year ago and got a great deal so I must be missing something. ;)
  • njcarguy31njcarguy31 Member Posts: 7
    Its a brand new model with a ton of safety features and dealers don't have many cars on the lot. Getting invoice will be tough I think.

I've had an interesting year of car accidents so I've had to buy or lease more cars than you'd expect in a year.
    edited December 2015
    Good point, new kid on the block. And the low inventory isn't helping your bargaining position.

All the safety stuff is a really good thing too.

And I figured out what I was missing - I was stuck in 2015. Try these numbers.

My preference is to buy the latest and greatest. But you gotta pay for the latest and if you wind up having to flip into a new car again, you may be wishing you stayed with last year's model.
  • 4wd_awd4wd_awd Member Posts: 2
    Anyone with more recent purchase price #s for northern california? MSRP and price paid? Thanks!
  • johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    Wow, this thread is dead! The lease thread gets too much love. lol.

So I am looking at a 2016 Lexus RX350 FSport - MSRP 55,879. Truecar is giving me 53,XXX. I think thats pretty low for a discount. Has anyone been able to score this vehicle under invoice? Any feedback is appreciated.
  • sm12_mw12sm12_mw12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am shopping for an 2016 RX350 AWD with luxury package in the midwest area and it still looks like the MSRP prices are ruling the area. After talking to more than 5 of them, all I could get off from MSRP is $1500. Am I missing something when I see edmunds posts about these vehicles available at invoice price? Any suggestions on dealers in midwest area providing these at invoice prices? Thanks
    johnl617 said:

So I am looking at a 2016 Lexus RX350 FSport - MSRP 55,879. Truecar is giving me 53,XXX. I think thats pretty low for a discount. Has anyone been able to score this vehicle under invoice? Any feedback is appreciated.

Did you wind up buying?

edited August 2016
    sm12_mw12 said:

Hi,

I am shopping for an 2016 RX350 AWD with luxury package in the midwest area and it still looks like the MSRP prices are ruling the area. After talking to more than 5 of them, all I could get off from MSRP is $1500. Am I missing something when I see edmunds posts about these vehicles available at invoice price? Any suggestions on dealers in midwest area providing these at invoice prices? Thanks

Looks like MSRP is $48,860, invoice is $45,677 and the TMV average price paid is $46,840. Those numbers include destination and I picked St. Paul for an AWD Midwest zipcode.

So the average is around $2,000 below MSRP - still nothing too exciting. Invoice would be another $1,000 off.

I've been hearing rumors of Labor Day sales so that may help you in you search.

• mmmggggmmmgggg Member Posts: 6
    10% below MSRP including $1500 rebate in NJ. Is this a good price for RX350 with luxury, safety+ and other packages.
  • lexus_carguy1lexus_carguy1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone, I'm a huge fan of Lexus. A BIG TIP, the more the package and options on a vehicle, the more room there is for discount. Imagine 6% off of $45k vs. 6% off $60k. Food for thought :)

To Stever two above, base model RX350 is about $44k, $48k would be premium without nav but lacking a couple features. Typically premium with nav is $52-53 MSRP of course. The question is luxury, which brings the MSRP to about $55k.

To mmmgggg one above, 6% off MSRP when it comes to Lexus in the North East area is a DEAL. 10% is unheard of unless it's a last years model CT and the last day of the month, last day of the year and they're still losing money haha.

Lexus does not have the same typical high mark up most other luxury brands do, and usually come in at a Lower MSRP for that reason. This causes aggravation to the buyer who's looking to get the "best deal" rather than which car they'd truly prefer.
  • timewarriortimewarrior Member Posts: 2
    Looking to purchase new 2017 RX 350 in the Wash DC/Northern VA/Maryland area.
    Any recent experience for the premium package model?
    Any tips on out of the door price paid is appreciated.
    edited November 2016

Looking to purchase new 2017 RX 350 in the Wash DC/Northern VA/Maryland area.
    Any recent experience for the premium package model?
    Any tips on out of the door price paid is appreciated.

Welcome @timewarrior. I'm assuming AWD for DC.

Invoice for base with Premium, including the $975 destination, is $43,389. MSRP is $46,355.

There's currently a $1,000 incentive making the True Market Value average price paid for DC $43,599. Since that's an average and you're an educated shopper, I'd whack a bit more off ($500?), add in the taxes and fees and use that for your baseline OTD target.

After you get some quotes, you can counter lower than your baseline.

Any recent buyers in NOVA?

• timewarriortimewarrior Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Stever.
    I am looking for the AWD with navigation system. I have gotten quotes of 50K OOTD .
    Is that a fair price or is there any other member in the NOVA region with a better offer?

It still seems high to me.

Regards.
    edited November 2016
    If another shopper/buyer in your area doesn't post over the weekend, bump this discussion up and we'll play with the book numbers some more. And try running the numbers using 8 to 12% off MSRP and see how that pencils out after adding in your taxes/fees.

Should be a good week to buy, what with the end of the month approaching fast.