Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2011 GMC Acadia A/C Issues

rcschillerrcschiller Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in GMC
I have a 2011 Acadia. Just spent hundreds of dollars at 50K miles replacing the actuators since it would only blow hot air out. Now at 55K miles I have a leak in the evaporator. The cost from the dealer is $2k. I still have a few months left paying for the car and I now have to spend almost $3k on A/C repairs. I thought I would give GM another shot after my Camaro had a fuel pump issue at 38K miles (just out of warranty and still paying for the car) that cost hundreds to repair. I now own a 12 year old Hyundai (original owner) that I have never had a repair on. It really makes upset that I did not go with my gut and stay away from GM. Please let me know if anyone else has had these same issues.

Comments

• Options
    stacyinpdxstacyinpdx Member Posts: 2
    I hate to admit it but this car is a lemon. I also own a 2011 Acadia. I am having a similar issue. AC works everywhere in car but passenger side. Sadly, another year of a major repair. Last year my radiator quit cooling. Both times mechanic has told me these are common problems but no recall. The AC problem is so common the parts are hard to come by. This will be the last GMC I ever own.