Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Quiet When You Need It - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited August 2016 in Chevrolet
imageQuiet When You Need It - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Smart silencing of the climate control in the Edmunds long-term 2016 Chevrolet Volt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Really? Your 16 Civic does the same thing when you press the voice prompt or touch the mic or have Google/Siri read you the message.
  • iamthestigiamthestig Philadelphia, PAPosts: 85
    I'm not a fan of a feature like this -- when it's hot, I want lots of air flow. This is especially true in the 95-degree, 92% humidity days that we often have in the Philly area in July and August. I'll gladly turn up the volume or repeat a voice prompt instead of roasting in heat for even a few seconds.
  • snipenetsnipenet Posts: 11
    does turning up the volume also crank up the fan speed?
  • willin58willin58 Posts: 38
    I believe this has been a feature on GM models with both automatic climate control and bluetooth for a few years. My '12 CTS wagon does it as well as my parents' '14 Impala so it's nothing new from the GM side of things.
  • mfennellmfennell Posts: 91
    The original Volt did it too.
  • lmbvettelmbvette South FloridaPosts: 93
    ^^^ mfennell is correct. The 2011-2015 Volt has this same feature.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • oachalonoachalon Posts: 12
    edited August 2016
    GM has had this for years. My 2007 Saturn Aura had it, and so does my ATS.