Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can Freeze You Out in the Middle of Summer - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2016 in BMW
imageCan Freeze You Out in the Middle of Summer - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

If you like a car with a very capable air conditioner, you'll love the 2016 BMW 340i.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    I find that if I set the temp at 76 on a really hot day, I am comfortable. Set it and forget it. On a milder day, 75 or 73.

I you set it to 70-72, it gets too cold eventually and you end up adjusting it.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    This just in...it's climate control...has a thermostat. Set it to the temp you want in the cabin...setting it to a colder temp will not bring it down any faster than just setting it to the temp you want it to stay at.
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    What longtimelurker said. My climate control rarely budges from 72 in the summer and 68 in the winter. Why bother buying a car with automatic climate control if you're going to mess with it all of the time anyway?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    What feels comfortable and what the climate control reads are not always one and the same. Your home A/C guy will tell you the same. I live in Vegas, and in summer setting the climate control to 78°F works well when the Sun is on the car. I often have to turn it down at night, though. In the winter 78°F feels stuffy to me. YMMV.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Well, yeah - in winter, even in Vegas, you're wearing long-sleeve shirts and long pants...you don't want it set to 78 when you're dressed like that.