Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The Final Zbogom - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2016 in Yugo
imageThe Final Zbogom - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 1989 Yugo GVL left the fleet weeks ago, but we miss it so much that we're saying goodbye one more time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    So does this mean we're going to get to read about the Edmunds' DWI Checkpoint review next?
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    That was awesome, great post. Where's that thumbs up emoji?
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455

That was awesome, great post. Where's that thumbs up emoji?

Agreed. Awesome post, and AWESOME GUESS! Righteous!
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    "but our chests burn with affection"

I think that the effects of the Slivovitz.

I'm confuse by Josh's title. What exactly is a Yugo Urologist?

p.s. please talk a little about the Krem Banana
    Apparently, this was the post that made the Edmunds' website die. Since it was posted, there's been no other reviews and very few comments.
  • SadButTrueSadButTrue Member Posts: 48

Apparently, this was the post that made the Edmunds' website die. Since it was posted, there's been no other reviews and very few comments.

Lol. We're working on some improvements to the Long-Term program, so please bear with us. But it's definitely not going away; it's getting better.

-JS

P.S. @desmolicious -- Krem Banana is made in Zagreb and described as "a foamy product coated with chocolate."

Lol. We're working on some improvements to the Long-Term program, so please bear with us. But it's definitely not going away; it's getting better.

-JS

P.S. @desmolicious -- Krem Banana is made in Zagreb and described as "a foamy product coated with chocolate."

Improvements to the long-term program? Great. Some suggestions...bring back the Model Generations. I loved those articles. When y'all killed "Inside Line", they fled into the Edmunds' website, then just disappeared altogether.

Buy back that Yugo. Or get one like it.

Get that 'Vette out of the static display and drive it. It's a horrible fate for a car.

Answer the pressing question of if Dan Edmunds is at all related to the Edmunds that founded Edmunds. (It'd be neat if he was...but sad if he's not rich from it and is only making base wages for a company his family might have possibly owned).

Tell us what happened to the Track Miata that y'all were working on. It just died off with no wrap-up.

Let's start seeing some updates involving using the cars in ways that they were NOT intended to be used, but had to be done so in a pinch like a normal person. I'd like to see the Kia with a load of 2x4s strapped to the roof. Just saying.

Take that Tesla Model X and put it up on the RTI...maybe run it on a real off-road course. It's an AWD SUV, right? We know it's fast, but come on...

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The company's founders chose its original name, Edmund Publication Corp., in the early 1960’s to honor a recently deceased friend, whose first name was Edmund. That name became well-established through the next few decades through our popular print publications, the "Edmund's Guides,” and in 1995, it was incorporated into our website URL, Edmunds.com, which is typically how the company is known today."

link

Might have been an entirely different story if said friend's first name had been Zbogom.
    @stever : Thanks, bud.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I never expected to read about Slivovitz in automotive journalism. This is my family's drink of choice (well not exactly choice) when we want to feel close to our Eastern European ancestors. I had a great-grandfather who lived well into his 80's drinking a glass (not a shot glass) of the stuff every night. We have sampled many makes and will rate some as "smoother" than others but that's only the degree to which it burns the chest. I wouldn't be surprised if your Yugo was able to run on Slivovitz in a pinch.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    edited October 2016
    photo Homer Simpson_zpsiuitcnax.jpg
  • b_cvijasiub_cvijasiu Member Posts: 1
    OMG, You guys just pulled at my nostalgia hart strings. I have not read your posts in some time and something just made me look it up today. And this ortacle poped up. I love it.
    See I am from former Yugoslavia. I was born and raised in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. I still consider my self Yugoslavian and always will. My family used to have Yugo 55 right before the war too.
    I love that you guys actually drank Sljivo and ate "cokoladne banane". As my appreciation I would love to get you guys some good Sljivo if I may. Here is what I have in mind http://www.theliquorbarn.com/zuta-osa-slivovitz-750ml/.
    If you guys contact me and provide me the mailing address to your office I would love to send you a bottle as a token of my appreciation.