Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Not a fan of the smaller size 2017 Acadia

lwolf99lwolf99 Member Posts: 83
edited October 2016 in GMC
Is anyone else NOT a fan of the new smaller size 2017 Acadia?

I currently lease a 2014 GMC Acadia Denali, Prior to this vehicle, I leased a 2011 Buck Enclave, and prior to that vehicle I leased a 2008 Buick Enclave (first year). I really liked all of these vehicles - nice look, second row captains chairs, plus a third row, plus a nice amount of trunk storage - minivan like features, but much cooler looking!

The lease for my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali is up in December. I was excited to check out the new 2017 model. I was looking forward to the same great vehicle, but with some more technology and toys - like key fob with push button start, adaptive cruise control with auto braking, and the Surround Vision Camera.

But I was underwhelmed and disappointed with the updated 2017 vehicle size. It is narrower and shorter length and shorter height. The space behind the third row is way smaller. There are now only two seats (50/50 split) in the third row instead of 3 seats (60/40 split) and it was very tight. And another small thing, but one I really didn't like - the console between the driver and passenger in my current 2014 GMC Acadia Denali has three compartments - a small tray for stuff like cash, business cards, mints, etc,; then a coin tray, then a deep bin for junk. The new models dropped the two trays and now only has the deep bin for junk. I know, its a tiny thing, but I just didn't like it.

I was all ready to lease another Acadia (actually, I was thinking of switching back to Buick Enclave just to mix it up a little, but they wont get the new toys until next model year). But now I am looking at other vehicles. I looked at a few different models, and right now, I am leaning towards a Dodge Durango Citdel. It just does't have the Surround Vision Camera - which I was really looking forward to.

I suppose the smaller size helps with reducing the weight, which helps with increasing the gas mileage. But for me, I wasn't concerned with the gas mileage and I feel they missed the mark and have likely lost me as a customer.

Is anyone else NOT a fan of the new smaller size 2017 Acadia?

Comments

• Options
    ahumayedahumayed Member Posts: 2
    I am!
    I HATE my 2017 Acadia Denali.
    If you like you current 2014 Acadia don't get the new 2017 and instead get the Acadia Limited it will be the same body as your current Acadia.
    The new Acadia Denali is light and fast feels like a small car not SUV.
    GMC did take some weight off the new design true but that means smaller car, back doors are very thin and you can easy dent it with your hand, not much storage in the front and a lot smaller in the trunk, the horn is hard to press and the GMC service department can't do anything about it, their answer " it is by design", the ac vents are horribly designed, wipers on the passenger wipe half the window.
    I got nothing good to say about the car except it looks nice in the front which fooled me into buying it.
    I used to have the 2013 Acadia SLT1 and boy.... do I regret getting this Acadia.... YES.
    hope this info help you before you make my mistake.
  • Options
    @ahumayed,

Thanks very much for the reply and sharing your experiences. The 2017 Acadia Limited just doesn't have the technology toys I am hoping for - like key fob with push button start, adaptive cruise control with auto braking, and the Surround Vision Camera. I see my choices as 1) buy my current 2014 GMC Acadia Denali off the lease, 2) lease a new 2017 GMC Acadia Denali, or 3) lease a new 2017 Dodge Durango Citdel.

I think I'll be doing some test driving today. I'll be sure to specifically pay attention to the items you outlined.
  • Options
    ahumayedahumayed Member Posts: 2
    You are welcome!
    Please let me know your thoughts after the test drive.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I did two separate test drives of a GMC Acadia Denali, It actually drive pretty nice. Regarding the smaller trunk area, I think it may work out okay. I still wish it were bigger (old size). But I can't remember the last time I had two people in the third row, AND had a full trunk area. Its usually only one OR the other.

I really liked the front camera and the surround vision cameras - very cool.

I miss the Heads Up Display that I have in my 2014 Acadia. I wonder why they removed that feature?

I also miss the additional storage compartments in the console between the driver and passenger that exists in my current 2014 GMC Acadia Denali - which has three compartments - a small tray for stuff like cash, business cards, mints, etc,; then a coin tray, then a deep bin for junk. The new models dropped the two trays and now only has the deep bin for junk. I know, its a tiny thing, but I just didn't like it.

I am still torn between a new Acadia and a new Durango. The Durango is a little bigger and has a extra storage tray in the console between the driver and passenger. The Acadia has the front camera and the surround vision cameras - and I love toys like that!