Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles, Including 2008-'11 Ford Escape, 2011-'13 Explorer | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Ford
Ford Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles, Including 2008-'11 Ford Escape, 2011-'13 Explorer | Edmunds.com

Ford is recalling approximately 1.1 million vehicles in North America for power steering problems, including the 2008-'11 Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jason007jason007 Member Posts: 0
    I had my 2008 FORD ESCAPE recalled back in 2014...was told it was the software...This past summer 2015 I had steering issues ,was told since recall was done there was no coverage for the current issue !..Had the issue fixed ,so I thought ! It is now FEB.2016 and I'm getting a slight vibration with the steering wheel.
    Do I have any recourse????...Did FORD really fix my issue???Any help would be GREAT !...

THANK YOU
    JASON
  • Options
    stevenslostevenslo Member Posts: 1
    I had the 2014 recall done on my 2008 Ford escape, which was only a computer update. Now, 26000 miles later. I have power steering failure notice on the dashboard and vibration in the steering column. Sitting at the service center for 3 hours and they want $800.00 to replace the torque angle sensor. Ford is trying to defer responsibility for any part malfunction claiming a computer update is all they are liable for. just filed a complaint with the National Traffic Safety Department. (888) 327-4236.
  • Options
    lmaniscolalmaniscola Member Posts: 1
    SAME HERE!! "UPGRADE" MORE LIKE BAND-AID! THIS IS BS!!!!
  • Options
    Bigwheels2020Bigwheels2020 Member Posts: 1
    I lost power steering intermittently they replaced the torque Angle senors now it's fantastic on my 2009 escape currently 340k miles