Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Should I buy the CPO 2016 Nissan Maxima SR?

manoj517manoj517 Member Posts: 8
edited December 2016 in Nissan
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Nissan Maxima SR. I came an offer from a dealer who is offering a Maxima SR which has 13000 miles on it for $24,000. But, the problem is when I see the carfax report I came to know that it is a corporate fleet vehicle and has only one service record on it and it is a Nissan Certified car. So, my question is should I buy the car OR should I go for some other CPO Nissan Maxima SR. All other car that I'm interested in are personal owned or personal lease vehicle which has around 4000-9000 miles on it and fall in 28000-30000 price range.

Can anyone help me in taking a decision and to be noted this is my FIRST CAR EVER...

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016
    I don't understand the price. We show dealer retail for a CPO 2016 Maxima SR to be $30,588.

Sounds like a screaming good deal. What am I missing? Is the $24,000 one a 2016?
  • manoj517manoj517 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the prompt reply @stever

Yh I know, that what making me doubt the vehicle if it was around 25,000 to 26,000 I would have taken it but, have such a low price is making me back up a little bit.

Two things that I'm concern of :
    * Corporate Fleet Vehicle
    * Has only 1 service record on CarFax and having 13000 miles on the odometer. Nissan recommends a service for very 4000 miles when it is driven in city.

So, as it is backed by Nissan can I make a move and buy the car or should I look around for other good deals?

edited December 2016
    With your concerns, it'd be cheap insurance to pay an independent shop $100 for a pre-purchase inspection.

Even though it's a CPO, it's still a used car. :)

But if it checks out, being in a corporate fleet wouldn't bother me. Plenty of people shop Hertz and Enterprise and wind up with good ex-rental vehicles.
    Okay.

Thanks for the comment I'll try to take the car to nearest Firestone if the dealer allows and have it inspected before taking any decision.
    Good luck and please let us know what you decide to do!
    sure.
  • imagiroimagiro Member Posts: 13
    It wouldn't have any additional service records if the service was all done by the rental agency. Considering they don't want cars breaking down they probably change the oil pretty often.

Have the tires checked for un-even wear. If the wear is fairly even - that means they were being rotated regularly so you know they were performing maintenance. Worst comes to worst, as a CPO Nissan will cover anything that pops up and you have a car that you aren't taking the huge depreciation hit on.
    @imagiro @stever thank you so much for your time guys. By the time I made a decision to buy the car was already gone. But, good news is I got to grab another wonderful deal for $26,000 this Maxima has the camel interior and only has 3,200 miles on it :smile:
    Sweet and the camel sounds nice. Congrats!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

A reporter is looking to talk to someone who was originally shopping for a new car, but decided to buy a CPO vehicle instead because it was a better deal. If you're willing to assist, please send an email to PR@Edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 16, 2017.