Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Lincoln Continental Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2017 in Lincoln
image2017 Lincoln Continental Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

Is the all-new Lincoln Continental good enough to compete with the very best full-size luxury sedans? We added one to our long-term fleet to find out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2017
    Finally! A vehicle I am interested in... and not as an actual purchase, way out of my price range, at least this one, but in a couple of years who knows? If nothing else, as somewhat of a Ford guy, I'd love for Lincoln to start putting out some decent cars.

You guys didn't get much off the vehicle but I heard they are selling well.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    $70k - wow. But it's a nice-looking vehicle (reminds me of an Azera), and they are selling well: http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/01/usa-luxury-car-sales-stats-december-2016-year-end.html
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I'm still not sold on the styling. 70K is a lot of money for a Lincoln considering the competition in that segment. Looking forward to the Audi S6 comparo!
  • Options
    farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    This should be interesting. I was wondering if the Edmunds LT tests were going the way of the Dodo bird given the now infrequent postings (mostly just monthly now), the LT page is buried at the bottom of the main Edmunds page, etc.). $70k provides some stiff competition. Good thing it starts at $45k.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    edited January 2017
    I'm glad to see Ford making a different kind of Lincoln, and I'm glad Edmunds is testing it. I agree with others that $70k is steep and puts this car amid some serious competition. It's going to have to run with a lot of really good cars from Germany and Japan to sell to anyone other than die-hard "Buy American!" types.

We'll see about its performance, comfort, and reliability as Edmunds tests it. For now, I can say that its exterior design conveys presence. It does look a bit derivative, though. It's like the front end of a Jaguar with the side profile of a Chrysler 300 with the rear of a Mercedes. The black leather interior looks like a throwback to American luxury cars of the late 80s/early 90s. Too dark. And that wood looks like the fake stuff. Good fake stuff, but fake nonetheless.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    How many Takahashis, I mean golf bags, can fit in that trunk?
  • Options
    jpk112jpk112 Member Posts: 12
    Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the new Continental. This car is on my short list as a replacement for my 2011 S4.