Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Advance Package Navigation Handsfree

firstacurafirstacura Member Posts: 12
edited January 2017 in Acura
I have a Acura RDX 2017 with Advance Package. Is it possible to listen to the turn-by-turn instructions from my phone's GPS through the car's speakers without choosing audio source "bluetooth"? My phone is succesfully paired with the system. If I choose audio source as "bluetooth" then I cannot listen to the radio at the same time.

Appreciate if anyone has a solution. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I am using an iphone 6s with the latest updated iOS. I was using google maps. I don't see the option you suggest under Setting>GoogleMaps. I noticed that when I am on a call the turn-by-turn directions comes through the car speakers and stops as soon as I end the call.
  • Options
    I was looking under the iOS settings that is why I could not find it. Under the google map apps settings I turned the option "play as Bluetooth phone call" on and now I get turn by turn instruction while in FM (the radio silences out just like when a phone call comes through). Previously only the option "Play voice over Bluetooth" was on. So it worked only if my car's audio source was set to Bluetooth. Thanks.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Are you having trouble figuring out how to use all of the technology in your car? If you're overwhelmed with how to operate your navigation system, bluetooth, park assist or other advanced technology feature, a reporter would love to talk to you about your experience.

Please send an email to PR@Edmunds.com by Friday, March 17, 2017.