Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Has anyone found a fix for the Starting Disabled Service Throttle with the engine shutting down?

rowebuddyrowebuddy Member Posts: 6
edited March 2017 in Buick
This started a couple of months ago when the tempture was 10, after several minutes is started
up and ran fine, now it's doing it randomly no matter what the tempture is, it might happen 5 or 6 times
a day or not at all but is very dangerous, I can't afford to spend money on fix's one after another,
please help!!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    This happening on a 2008 Buick Lucerne.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Don't quite understand the title you chose. Did it have a hard time starting when it was 10 degrees, but eventually started and ran? And now it has a hard time starting sometimes? Is that what's happening?

We're still in colder weather and it could be as simple as a bad battery that doesn't quite have the cranking amps once the temp drops to a certain point, but a little clarification on exactly what's going on will help everyone who might have helpful suggestions
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll start with the battery.
  • Options
    Getting batter checked it was low only @ 74%, hopefully this fixes it!
  • Options
    Turns out my Alternator was burning out!!