Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice-2017 Acura MDX AWD Price Paid

kittu05kittu05 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Acura
I received a quote from dealer (Zip code: 78750) for 2017 MDX + SH-AWD + Tech with following Accessories: Fog lights + Body side molding + Splash guards + Parking sensors + Cargo cover for $53000 OTD. Is this a good deal?

Answers

• Options
    john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    I'm going to a Acura dealer in PA Friday to test drive. I will post what numbers they give me . @kittu05 what state are you in?
  • Options
    NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    kittu05 said:

I received a quote from dealer (Zip code: 78750) for 2017 MDX + SH-AWD + Tech with following Accessories: Fog lights + Body side molding + Splash guards + Parking sensors + Cargo cover for $53000 OTD. Is this a good deal?

I'm assuming you purchased already but I will follow up. According to sales data in the Austin region, a good sales price would be around $47,428 for just the MDX. Unfortunately, I do not have pricing for accessory items as that can vary from dealer to dealer. If you add tax at 8.25% and the average Documentation Fee, you would be around $51,475. If you can compare the vehicle without the accessories to the $51,475, you'll get a good idea. I'm guessing that you at least got a fair deal.

Edmunds Moderator
  • Options
    john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    kittu05 said:

Did you buy Acura yet??

• Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    True Car for my area, DC, has a price for a 2017 MDX AWD with Tech for $46,881. Of course, the TC must be reduced by the $300 which TC receives from the dealer for any sale.

Not sure how this computes to an OTD price. But assuming the extras cost $1,500, with tax and registration in DC, the OTD amount, including tax and registration, would be around $51.5K.

Also, remember any "document fee" the dealer attempts to charge is simply part of the price. Price, by definition, includes all dealer cost, including the minor cost of preparing and submitting any documents.