Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Performance Tested - 2016 Mazda CX-9 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2017 in Mazda
Performance Tested - 2016 Mazda CX-9 Long-Term Road Test

We took our long-term 2016 Mazda CX-9 to the test track to see how the big crossover handles itself at the limits.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Torque is 310 lb/ft., not 250 lb/ft.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2017
    So a couple brave auto-journalists have compared some of the driving dynamics of the new CX-5 to the Porsche Macan (particularly the steering). I had a 2009 CX-9 and felt that the handling and steering were ahead of the pack of 3 row CUVs in it's price range. And I would say it probably offered a more engaging drive than many cars one class up (MDX, XC90). I'd be curious to know how Edmunds qualitatively ranks the CX-9 dynamically relative to the class and relative some outside the class.

I would add that I found the stability control to be a little aggressive in the last CX-9. In some conditions I couldn't make a turn from a stop without the nannies cutting power. Glad to hear that they have reigned this system in a bit.
  • Options
    maxtremaxtre Member Posts: 5
    I am assuming because of the engine specs Horsepower: 227 hp @ 5,000 rpm
    Torque: 250 lb-ft @ 5,000 rpm that this was tested with regular fuel and not premium
  • Options
    Michael_MMichael_M Member Posts: 9
    Good catch, @longtimelurker. We fixed it. @maxtre, that's correct. We did our testing on 87 fuel according to our track sheet.