Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suburban Tahoe Vibration Problems

1235»

Comments

• bumpyride1bumpyride1 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe...it shakes at about 60 mph and over 70 mph. Within the past month 3 sets of new tires have been put on the vehicle. 2 sets of Firestone and one set of Michelin tires. In addition new bearings in rear end and rear axle. New shocks all around. New tires have been rotated and balanced several times. Tires have been removed from wheels and rims cleaned and inspected. New brake rotors. This entire ordeal started with I had a new set of tires put on my vehicle. If there was a shake, rattle, and roll prior to the new tires, I never noticed it. I've read the vast majority of this thread. I find a lot of similarities to my problem. Does anyone have a definite place to look at? I'm already about $1,500 into this project and nearly to the point of no return. I've got to fix it. Any ideas, thoughts, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • peggles62peggles62 Member Posts: 1
    A
    68mustang said:

Ours started the day we bought it. The dealer located the one my wife wanted. When she drove it she felt it. She didn't want to sign for it, our salesmen told us that if it was still there in 500 miles they would replace them. Keep in mind that we have been doing business with this dealership and salesmen for over 5 years. Anyway It never went away, they replaced the 4 tires and low and behold the shaking was still there. The dealer knows its there, we have taken it to 2 dealers and they both know its there they have felt it several times. When we pushed them to FIX it, (the dealer and GM) they decided now it is the normal function of the vehicle or it is within manufacturer specification(s) (I like that one) and then there is, "its within tolerance" (who's tolerance, was my question?) Well we moved forward with the BBB and have a date in Oct. in my state you have to do this first. If that doesn't work you can move forward with the Lemon Law.

I have a 2016 Tahoe LS that has a vibration which was present when purchased and the dealership pushed it off as a balancing issue. o far they've replace 1 set of tires, balanced and performed road force and picotests. I've been told after taking it back a 4th time that they replaced another set of tires....went from stock, Continental Tires, to Goodwill and now it has Michelin tires...I will go in for a test drive today. I already have a BBB complaint in as well as GM complaint. I had no idea that the problem goes back as far as it does. I would not have purchased my dream Tahoe if I had known that GM has had this problem without a resolution. We've been buying GM vehicles for over 10 years. This is a 1st.
  • 56geemac56geemac Member Posts: 1
    #metoo movement: 2007 Yukon XL, 2WD, 5.3, auto trans with overdrive (OD), bought it used with 89K miles and now has ~140K miles. Three broken motor mounts so far and I also have the vibration, but I isolated it to the OD system (torque converter). Vibration starts around 45-50 mph, when the OD kicks in. Slow down and allow the trans to shift out of OD...no vibe. Shift to 3rd and vibration stops, but the rpms go up and the gas mileage goes to hell. I've owned a 72 and a 94 Suburban, nothing like this. I'll be paying big bucks at my mechanic today when I pick up the Yukon. Time for a cleanup and wholesale it. Reading this thread and hearing the usual "they all do that" is all I needed.