Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - 2008 GMC Yukon Denali

kywildcat1215kywildcat1215 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2017 in GMC
Second child on the way and looking for something bigger than our 2005 Jeep Cherokee. I am currently looking at a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali AWD with 136K miles on it. My question is with good maintenance going forward can I expect to get 200K + miles out of this vehicle?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @kywildcat1215 That would be a great replacement for the Cherokee. The interior space is tremendous and the reliability is GREAT! The Yukon/Tahoe is always on the top 10 list for vehicles most likely to last over 200K miles.

The best part about the Denali is it comes with a 6.2 liter V8 that does not have cylinder deactivation. The 5.3 liter V8 that is available in the Yukon and Yukon XL does have cylinder deactivation, but there has been several reported engine problems due to cylinder deactivation and there have been no reported issues with the 6.2

I would say confidently, that if the Denali is well maintained it will make it to 200K with little to no issues.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
  • Options
    kywildcat1215kywildcat1215 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    @blakelaclair
    Thanks for the response. I also found a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with 155K miles on it for about 12K. I am assuming like the Denali that this would be a great option as well to?
  • Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @kywildcat1215, that is a great price on that truck! They are generally very reliable, just remember there has been a few reported issues with the cylinder deactivation in the 5.3 liter V8.

There has not been enough problems to warrant a recall but I just wanted to let you know about the problems I had heard of.

Thanks!