Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for June 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2017 in Honda

imageMonthly Update for June 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

We've had our long-term 2017 Honda CR-V for a few months now, and while the plaudits continue to roll in, we've found some things to kvetch about, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    "This particular dealership slipped in a bottle of zMAX engine treatment, which added $20 to the bill"... WHAT??? Did you authorize them to do that? If they did that, I'd tell them to take it off my bill or I'm never coming back and leaving bad feedback on all surveys for them (which at least for my Honda Dealer is their biggest fear).
  • rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31

"This particular dealership slipped in a bottle of zMAX engine treatment, which added $20 to the bill"... WHAT??? Did you authorize them to do that? If they did that, I'd tell them to take it off my bill or I'm never coming back and leaving bad feedback on all surveys for them (which at least for my Honda Dealer is their biggest fear).

That's on me Kirkhilles. I was catching up with a friend that day and didn't pay attention to the bill. I didn't notice the additive until I was filling out my expense report. I should have caught it. I'll be more careful next time. -Ron Montoya
  • skisurf1skisurf1 Member Posts: 13
    Surprised
    Honda allows them to add engines treatment.
  • skisurf1skisurf1 Member Posts: 13
    I will take the slightly noisier Honda with it's 27.2 mpg average over the Ford Escapes 20.9 mpg average.
  • mytchandmbmytchandmb Member Posts: 10
    My 2017 CR-V has less than 1000 mi., getting about 27 mpg per tankful of mix driving; worse typically filling the small 11 gallon not completely empty tank. Much worse than our Camry hybrid ~40+ mpg and X3 diesel in the high 30’s which we get 500 to 580 mi per tank for both.
  • dbesh285dbesh285 Member Posts: 3
    That tank holds 14 gallons.