Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for July 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2017 in Honda
imageMonthly Update for July 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2017 Honda CR-V certainly isn't perfect, but so far its strengths far outweigh its weaknesses.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    As a driver of a 2016 Civic, I agree with the volume control. It'd be perfect if there was some option to disable the middle-grooves-audio-thing. All you really want or need is an up and down volume button. Also, in terms of the fuel color, it's a much brighter blue in the Civic, so it's far more noticeable.
  • Options
    drex2drex2 Member Posts: 24
    I just confirmed this in the 2017 CR-V manual on the owner link site. The touch sensitive feature on the remote volume toggle can be disabled, making the control a simple toggle. My 2016 Civic has the same control and the touch feature can be disabled on it as well. To me, having that remote volume control handy pretty much makes the physical volume knob by the screen a moot point, though some people like the knob to provide a volume control that the passenger can use. However, since the passenger doesn't have to keep his or her eyes on the road, using the touch control on the left of the screen certainly can be managed without too much difficulty by the passenger. That said, it's probably best that Honda is resurrecting the volume control and tuning knob to satisfy those who prefer them.