Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca rough idle, check engine, cruise light

g_azmag_azma Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Subaru

Hello,
I have Subaru B9 Tribeca 2006. Week ago started the following problems - after starting up, engine is shaking (rough idle) for a few (20-30) seconds and then it's OK. Then I got Check Engine, Cruise and ABS lights on. Diagnose shows mistake in 1st cylinder. changed spark plug, air filter, checked all connections, cleaned injector and throttle. Lights went out and engine was working as new. but the second day car had rough idle again....
can anyone help.....
Thank you!

Comments

• mr00tribecamr00tribeca Member Posts: 1
    Mine is doing the same thing. I have taken it to the dealer twice this week. The battery replaced, which did not help the problem. Then had the camshaft sensor replaced, which also did not solve the problem. Were you able to figure out what was needed to repair the problem?
  • vinnya75vinnya75 Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 Subaru Tribeca b9 had the check engine light and traction light come on. The cruise control light also is blinking. Anyone know what causes this and what to do?
  • dragginflybyedragginflybye Member Posts: 3
    Take it to AutoZone and they will "read the code" for free. Mine is doing the same thing and mine came back with Transmission Control System. My 2008 was also shifting very roughly.
  • centhroncenthron Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2019
    Hi! so whats the problem? I have the same problem...my mech change cylinder #1 spare plug and the coil but the problem still :( Hope answer!!
  • jaker444jaker444 Member Posts: 2
    had the same problem right after a battery change out --- flashing cruise light Abs light and and check engine
    checked out everything went through all the procedures disconnect battery -- wait some time reconnect; turn the key to the on position wait a 20 seconds and start up --- put a obd2 in the vehicle scan plug -- found no connection with app --- led me to the fuse box (under drivers side dash -- 15 amp fuse for the ECU that was good --- went to the major fuse box under the hood there is 7.5 AMP FUSE FOR THE ECU --- IT WAS BLOWN REPLACED AND STARTED ENGINE UP -- THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS DISAPPEARED -- HOPES THIS HELPS YOU --- Jaker
  • hcdinvahcdinva Member Posts: 2

My 2007 Tribeca B9 was fine all day and o came home and went to leave about 10min later and I started the engine and sat there for a few digging for something on my bag. All of a sudden it started idling weird and the check engine light and cruise control light are blinking and the anti skid light is solid.