Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for August 2017 - 2017 Lincoln Continental

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2017 in Lincoln
imageMonthly Update for August 2017 - 2017 Lincoln Continental

Reaching a milestone during a road trip and other musings about our long-term 2017 Lincoln Continental.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    The PRNDS buttons are simply awful. But Lincoln's been using this system for a while now so maybe they're not getting complaints from customers...or maybe they're just stubborn. In any case, there are the problems mentioned here about looking for buttons just to shift. There's also the location of these buttons that require you to lean forward to reach them. Maybe not a lot but more than necessary and annoying if you're also using your mirrors at the same time. I have a Durango with the rotary shift dial mentioned here. The dial is bad. But these buttons are worse. Also bad are levers that rock back to center after being pushed in one direction. Traditional levers are so good at this job. I can't understand why everyone wants to reinvent it. I guess the transmissions are all electronically controlled anyway that the lever seems unnecessary. But the lever provides visual and tactical feedback so that the driver knows what setting is selected and what change is being made.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Think it should be obvious that the badging is not what's misaligned - it's the door itself. Look at the crease-lines in the fender as opposed to the ones in the door. Or perhaps the door and/or fender stampings themselves are bad. But it's not just the badging.