Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive | Edmunds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2018 in General

image2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive | Edmunds

We sample the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, an affordable crossover SUV that just happens to be a plug-in hybrid.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LGAeroLGAero Member Posts: 2
    Ironic that a 5 year old design even now cannot seem to actually be brought to the US. The number of dates for release have been missed are beyond count. No question that the EV range is now just not sufficient . A larger battery is really necessary and some of that cost can be offset by the additional tax credit it would receive.

The concept is great, the execution is flawed!
  • Options
    cdavis_utcdavis_ut Member Posts: 1
    One year after this review... With some year end dealer incentives, the one we bought will end up costing us a little over $23K once we claim the tax credits. I'm able to do my round trip commute (~28 miles) on electric only, which costs me $1.35 to recharge each evening. Because of the dedicated commute use, I got over 800 miles on the first fill up of the 11 gallon tank. We like the car a lot... highly recommend at this (admittedly early) point in ownership. 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty on the mechanical/electrical systems (including the lithium-ion battery pack) is also comforting.