Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for December 2017 - 2018 Toyota Camry Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2018 in Toyota

imageMonthly Update for December 2017 - 2018 Toyota Camry Long-Term Road Test

Even though our 2018 Toyota Camry didn't stray far outside the Los Angeles basin in November, it proved to be a popular choice for our editors.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    theoysterkingtheoysterking Member Posts: 2
    For the windshield wiper issue, I would check the car manual. My VW Golf has the same issue, where the windshield wipers cannot be folded up while in the normal down position. VW gives you the ability to lock the windshield wipers in the up position by activating the windshield wipers once just after you've turned the keys off but haven't opened the door. Instead of returning to the down position with this manual swipe, they stay in the up position and let you fold the windshield wiper up. Not the most intuitive design, but it works, and probably helps the designers position the wipers to stay out of the car's airflow.
  • Options
    cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    I've been reading comments that album art displays on the screen only when in Park. As soon as you shift our of park the album art disappears. Have you experienced this?
  • Options
    brycecarlsonbrycecarlson Member Posts: 1
    From P. 229
    Raising the wipers to the service position:

Changing the windshield wiper rest position/Lifting the windshield wipers...
    Within approximately 45 seconds of turning the engine switch off, move the wiper lever to the *1 or *2 position and hold it for approximately 2 seconds or more. The wipers will move to the service position.
    *1: For U.S.A.
    *2: For Canada
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2018

From P. 229
    Raising the wipers to the service position:

Changing the windshield wiper rest position/Lifting the windshield wipers...
    Within approximately 45 seconds of turning the engine switch off, move the wiper lever to the *1 or *2 position and hold it for approximately 2 seconds or more. The wipers will move to the service position.
    *1: For U.S.A.
    *2: For Canada

Yes, but that would require reading the manual. And as Travis points out, that is "a hassle". Blog first, ask questions later.

My Jetta Sportwagen had wiper arms just like this, with the same hoodline interference. Same solution too. Piece of cake.

The transmission behavior is worrying, though. The outgoing 6 speed was a nice responsive unit with generally smooth behavior. Ruining that to keep up with the Jones's gear count would be a shame. And it should have heated seats even if it's hilarious hearing this omission noted by SoCal residents.