Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Buick Lacrosse radio jumping station. Anyone know why it would?

denisejwdenisejw Member Posts: 3
edited February 2018 in Buick
My 2012 Buick Lacrosse's radio will jump up .2 from the station it is on so all you hear is static. Sometimes it will go back, sometimes not. This is very annoying. I haven't said anything to the dealer yet.

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I assume you mean on the presets. Does it do this if you manually tune to a station? Have to tried resetting the presets?
  • Options
    It seems I have to be on the road at least 15 minutes before it starts doing it. Yes they are presets. I haven't tried resetting them. I will do that today and let you know if it worked. Thanks!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hmm...does it do it on every preset? Does it do it if you manually tune to a station? Can you get it to reproduce if you're NOT driving? Could be as simple as one of the tuning buttons being stuck/broken almost depressed and the vibration of driving at times is enough to close the switch and retune the station.

I'd also try using the tuning buttons up and down a LOT. Sort of like flipping a light switch to try and clean up dirty contacts.
  • Options
    Yes it does it on every preset. I have not tried manual tune. Thank for all the suggestions. I will try them all.