Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Why is there no recall

ld19801256ld19801256 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in Pontiac
2007 Pontiac torrent almost killed me this morning! Driving on the expressway trying to get up to 70mph and stabili-trak light comes on then reduced engine power. I was only able to do 30mph and with my 4 way flashers on, a semi truck almost hit me. I can't afford to fix it, but from the sounds of it, there really isn't a fix.

Answers

• 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    So if something failed on an 11 year old vehicle, there should be a recall?
    From the sound of what, there really isn't a fix?

From what you read on the internet?

So, what diagnostics have been done? What was found?

So if a vehicle goes into reduce power or limp mode, it should be recalled?

Find the problem first, then you can make a determination if it is a manufacturer design flaw, but I think you will be disappointed. More than likely, an 11 year old part is failing.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    This sounds like many other problems where folks with Equinox SUV and Impalas and others had unusual indicators and the car went into limp mode.

Does the car run right now? I have read along on some of these for a couple years and people find all kinds of things as the problems.

Myself, I'd at some point start with disconnecting and putting a spray contact cleaner on the contacts at the power train computer to e sure you aren't getting a slight corrosion problem there.

If it gave the ABS/stabilitrac problem first, you might check wheel bearings and the connections AND wiring that go to the speed sensors. I've read another where someone found a wiring bundle that was rubbing through on a metal piece, shorting certain wires occasionally--the hardest kind of problem to find.

Have the codes read if there are any, but take them as a clue of symptoms not necessary a clue of the actual causes of any problem.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,