Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for March 2018 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2018 in Jeep

imageMonthly Update for March 2018 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Long-Term Road Test

It's our first full month with our long-term 2018 Jeep Wrangler, and we're wasting no time breaking in this four-door, off-road-ready rig.

Read the full story here

Comments

• longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Interesting remarks...why does it squirm going down the highway...um, have you seen the tread on those tires? And the height of the sidewalls?

And Montoya would not get the Rubicon model, because he doesn't plan on doing any off-roading anytime soon. If you don't plan on doing any off-roading anytime soon, why would you even GET a Wrangler? Any Wrangler? Unless you're a sorority ditz with rich parents, who thinks it's "cute"?
  • rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31

Interesting remarks...why does it squirm going down the highway...um, have you seen the tread on those tires? And the height of the sidewalls?

And Montoya would not get the Rubicon model, because he doesn't plan on doing any off-roading anytime soon. If you don't plan on doing any off-roading anytime soon, why would you even GET a Wrangler? Any Wrangler? Unless you're a sorority ditz with rich parents, who thinks it's "cute"?

Because they look cool. I'd wager there's a ton of people (especially here in Los Angeles) that just want a good looking SUV that stands out and don't plan on ever taking it off road. -Ron Montoya
    With all due respect, Ron, we're not talking about that ton of people...we're talking about you, and what you would get, given that you're not planning any off-roading. Are you one of those people willing to pay $50k for a hard-core off-road vehicle that you won't ever off-road, that goes 17 miles for every gallon of $3.90/gallon gas, because you think it looks cool?
  • rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31

With all due respect, Ron, we're not talking about that ton of people...we're talking about you, and what you would get, given that you're not planning any off-roading. Are you one of those people willing to pay $50k for a hard-core off-road vehicle that you won't ever off-road, that goes 17 miles for every gallon of $3.90/gallon gas, because you think it looks cool?

I wouldn't. But I try to make an assessment of someone buying this car with my tastes. Otherwise, I'd dislike everything that wasn't a hatchback. And for what it's worth, my co-worker who sits next to me, would absolutely buy this wrangler with no intention of going off road. -Ron Montoya
    Haha...you're a wise man, Ron. Thanks.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    This was a pretty odd line of questioning...I forgot the official statistic, but I would guess around half of all Wrangler buyers do not take them off-road. People just like the looks and the image. Of course, those who DO take Wranglers off-road, do more with them than pretty much any other SUV owners out there.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    If all the people who didn't take their Wrangler off road bought a different car instead, then the Wrangler would have to be much more expensive or dropped entirely. Off roaders who love the Wrangler should be thankful for the "sorority ditz" and every other customer who keeps the Wrangler economically viable.